Down to the wire - Kathryn vs. Beatrix vs...

So the baby is due any day now and it’s looking like we may be one of those couples deciding the name when we meet our little girl -which was not the plan.

I’d love some thoughts on our current name list.

Our most enduring candidate has been Kathryn. It’s a family name on both sides and I’ve always loved Kate as a nn, but I’m hesitant to use a name that’s so common.

Our other current favorites are Beatrix, Sabrina, Elowen, Miranda, and Rowan.
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], and [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] are the finalists for middle name.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] were other names that we really liked but had to be rejected for various reasons.

I welcome your thoughts on combinations, the current list, or another name possibility.

Thank you!

I love [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. It’s simple and beautiful. I’m for using the enduring name that you’ve always loved, and the fact that it’s a family name is a plus. [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is a great nn. I also love [name_f]Miranda[/name_f].

I second [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], it’s lovely.

They’re all beautiful I love Elowyn [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] the best! :slight_smile: The others don’t really appeal to me. I like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (or even [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]/[name_f]Katharine[/name_f] or [name_f]Catharine[/name_f]), but I could never get into the [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] spelling. I respect it for its family (I assume) ties, though. :slight_smile:

I really love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] from your rejected options, too, but if they’re not options anymore, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] definitely gets my vote. I like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] the best, I think, but [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is nice, too. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not quite as striking, imo.

Good luck!

I have never seen [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] before but I think it is stunning! Paired with [name_f]Grace[/name_f] it makes a beautiful name. I also like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], but like a previous poster, am not a fan of the [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] spelling. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is very pretty too. No matter what, your baby will have a lovely name!!