Down to the wire!

My family vetoed my choice, [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]. So now we are debating [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] vs [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I know some people think of [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] as girly, but I don’t (at least for now) because I know two male Quinns in their 30s. I was hoping for something a little less trendy because my first two kids don’t have names in the top 100, but I can’t seem to pick another boy name this time. Siblings names are one syllable but I’m open to more than that for this baby.

1 Like

I like both, but I really love [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for a boy. It sounds very smart, cool and snappy to me.

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a lovely classic, but very popular for a long time now where I live (UK).

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] seems like it blends the styles of [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] quite well?

What do you mean when you say your family vetoed [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]? Your partner or your wider family? Because while it’s nice to get opinions, the people that really get the final say is you and your partner. If you love Rhys best, use it! It’s a very handsome name.

5 Likes

I love [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] on a boy too. I think it’s so sweet and it is much less popular than [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

I agree that if you really love [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] I wouldn’t be talked out of it unless your SO is not onboard.

Between [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] though, [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] definitely wins!

I grew up with a [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]! His brother’s name was Gryff so maybe that would interest you (or longer forms like [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jack feels more timeless, maybe, which might be what you are going for, but I also like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for a boy! [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] might be less popular, but I think it might end up more dated.

(Like previous posters, if you and your SO are on board, go with [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]!)

Just my husband (and daughter, but obviously her opinion is less important to me because she’s only 6 lol). I would NEVER tell my extended family the name choices - they are way too negative and opinionated hahaha.
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband just really doesn’t like [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] all of the sudden, he thinks it sounds made up and reminds him of [name_u]Reese[/name_u] Witherspoon.

3 Likes

Quinn is great on a boy! But [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is lovely too.

I, for one, don’t see [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] as girly at all! In fact, quite the opposite. However, I do slightly prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m] personally. But you can’t go wrong either way!

I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is probably the less trendy option. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is quite common and in the Top 100. So I think I’d vote [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]!

Jack.
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is girly.

1 Like

I like both! Though I’m biased because I favor one syllable names for boys. However, I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is my favorite. I don’t think it’s too fem, I picture a guy that’s into the arts, very charismatic.

Too bad! I love [name_u]Rhys[/name_u].

I’d rather be named [name_m]Jack[/name_m] than [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. All three of these names are male to me, but [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is a less pleasant sound to me.

I do adore [name_u]Quill[/name_u].

Good luck!

I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a great name! I don’t think of [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] as being a girly name but it is in the top 100 for girls in the US. [name_m]Way[/name_m] above what it is for boys so I guess it is a more girly name, right now anyway.

I like how strong and classic [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is. It has personality and stability.

Between [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] I prefer [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] . I think of [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] as completely gender neutral. I know several of each gender.

Jack is too popular for my taste but is a handsome classic and there’s a reason . It’s a great name

Rhys, [name_u]Reece[/name_u] and [name_u]Reese[/name_u] is my favourite of your options though .

Maybe [name_u]Reid[/name_u] could be a compromise ?

I love [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for a boy!

I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is fantastic on a boy! I prefer a lot of traditional masculine Irish names ([name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], [name_u]Corey[/name_u], [name_u]Casey[/name_u], etc.) on boys, even is they are becoming more popular for girls.

I adore [name_m]Jack[/name_m], especially if you have him near, or on, Halloween!

Jack is an amazing name! I love it!
I prefer [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for a girl. Unfortunately, I can’t dissociate [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] from [name_f]Queen[/name_f].

Maybe you both could agree on something like Ren/Wren (Renley) variant? The start of [name_u]Reese[/name_u] and the ending of [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]? I do like [name_u]Quill[/name_u] too.