Down to two and can't decide

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]

The [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is non negotiable :confused: But he’ll go by the middle name

I like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m], I think it flows really well, and it’s not all that common. I personally love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], so many cute nickname possibilities, but [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] is good as well

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]. Call him [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

I like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], but if he is going to be called by his middle name, why not just use [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]? That has a great sound.

I like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]. If he’s going by his middle name, I would opt for [name_m]Pierce[/name_m], unless [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] goes better with your last name.

I slightly prefer [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]. Although personally I prefer the less harsh sound of [name_m]Piers[/name_m] (peers) over [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is a handsome name. I also love [name_u]Freddy[/name_u], [name_m]Fred[/name_m], and [name_u]Red[/name_u].

[name_f]May[/name_f] I ask why you would not use [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] or [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] as the first name and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] as the middle name, if you are planning to call him [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] or [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]?

[name_m]Fredrick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] is very handsome…I love the look and flow of this combination.

For what it’s worth, I think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is an absolutely fantastic name, and with so many great nickname possibilities.

Congratulations!

My husband’a family has a loooong standing tradition of firstborn sons named [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. As a result, grandpa and Great grandpa also go by [name_m]Fred[/name_m]. [name_m]Hence[/name_m] going by his middle name.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]

I love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] too. I’d vote for [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] of the two options. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Derick[/name_m] as a short version of [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]? I come from a long line of Elizabeths so I feel a weight of obligation to continue the tradition.

I much prefer [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] to [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m].

And I’m sorry that you don’t seem thrilled to use [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] as his first name. I understand honoring traditions and I hope you’ll come to appreciate [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] for its family importance and history even if you don’t love it for your son.

[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]…

I like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]. I think it flows better. Shorter middle names always sound better with long first names.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m], you could call him, [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], [name_m]Rick[/name_m], [name_m]Ed[/name_m] or [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] as well as [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]! [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is a fab option btw, there are definitely worse names to be stuck with!

Thanks. I don’t actually hate [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and may still call him [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] occasionally. I think it’s more the lack of choice and uniqueness. But being number 11 more than makes up for it I guess

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to play devil’s advocate: Could you move [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] to a middle slot? At some point someone is likely to break the chain, so why not you?

While I like the flow of [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] better, I like [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] a lot better than [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]! So if he’s going by his middle, I’d go with [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]!

Another [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] nickname could be [name_u]Red[/name_u], which I really like :slight_smile:

I like both [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]. Individually, I think I prefer [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]. You could just wait and see if there’s one which suits him better than the other?