Down to two names for my main character...

See the results of this poll: Adia or Naia?

Respondents: 20 (This poll is closed)

• Adia Willow : 11 (55%)
  • Naia Liesl: 9 (45%)

I really like [name_f]Naia[/name_f] [name_f]Liesl[/name_f], but I think both are really pretty. [name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce [name_f]Adia[/name_f] in [name_f]Adia[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]? Also, whats your story plot? Maybe that’ll help.

[name_f]Adia[/name_f] is pronounced AY-dee-uh in this case, although I’ve also heard it pronounced AW-dee-uh. I’m still working on the plot for the story, but so far I’m pretty sure its going to be a modern-fantasy story. [name_f]Adia[/name_f] or [name_f]Naia[/name_f] is going to live in a necromancy school that doubles as an orphanage. Her godfather is the headmaster of the school. [name_f]Adia[/name_f] or [name_f]Naia[/name_f] refuses to talk to him or anyone else and spends her life locked in her room. The story is going to be her thought process as she grows up and what she knows of life in the outside world through the limited things she hears through the crack in the door from the students at the school. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

I really like those names. They’re so pretty! If you are still open to suggestions, I think [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] would fit your character. It just sounds like it would fit her perfectly :slight_smile:

I’m really leaning towards [name_f]Naia[/name_f]. For last names, maybe…
[name_m]Devlin[/name_m]
[name_m]Kendrick[/name_m]
O’[name_u]Shea[/name_u]
Thiel
What’s her nationality?

Thanks! I’m always open to suggestions! :wink: To me, [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] looks like [name_f]Adia[/name_f] and [name_f]Naia[/name_f] combined, sort of like a compromise…I love it! I think it could definitely work! I’m gonna go through some notes and lists of names (there is a HUGE back-story and lots of characters in this world) to see if that name’s already been taken. I’ll also have to talk with the other kids that have their own characters in this world to see if they have any opposition to the name (as you can see, we take naming characters very seriously). I’ll get back to you later and let you know how it worked out! Thanks!

@sapphireberry Thanks! Always open to suggestions! [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]!
@possiblypascale Thanks for the surnames! [name_f]Adia[/name_f]/[name_f]Naia[/name_f]/[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] comes from [name_u]America[/name_u], but the necromancy school is in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. She speaks both English and Irish and most of the kids at the school are British, [name_m]German[/name_m] or American immigrants.

Some more surname suggestions…
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Tucker[/name_m]
[name_m]Talbott[/name_m]
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Thorne[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Cade[/name_u]
[name_m]Neville[/name_m]
That’s all I’ve got :slight_smile:

i just tied you, oops!

Great! I’m glad I can help :slight_smile:

[name_f]Adia[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] sounds sweet, and (to me) perfect for a shy young girl =)