Down to two names, help!

See the results of this poll: Which is your fave?

Respondents: 44 (This poll is closed)

• Arden Lisette Tsai: 30 (68%)
  • Apolline Snow Tsai: 14 (32%)

I like the vintage name [name]Apollonia[/name] when I have come across it in my family tree, and I like [name]Apolline[/name] too, which is very similar. Of the choices, I do prefer the sound of [name]Apolline[/name]. However, the name will get misspelled a lot. Some people might think they heard [name]Pauline[/name]. [name]Snow[/name] is very pretty with it.

[name]Arden[/name] makes me think of the late actress [name]Eve[/name] [name]Arden[/name]. [name]Lisette[/name] is cute with it.

I like [name]Arden[/name] better, Appolline is too wordy, kinda, you know? Doesn’t roll off the tongue.

I like [name]Apolline[/name] [name]Snow[/name] better. It goes better with Tsai than [name]Lisette[/name] does, and [name]Apolline[/name] is more of…a girls’ name than [name]Arden[/name].

I think [name]Apolline[/name] [name]Snow[/name] is much prettier than [name]Arden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name]. It is unusual, yes, but not difficult to pronounce, and is classic and beautiful. It will work for someone of any age and any personality, in my opinion, as it is feminine but not frilly at all. There is the bonus of the sweet nn [name]Polly[/name], if you wish to use it, too.

I voted for [name]Apolline[/name]. [name]Polly[/name] is an adorable nn too.

Thanks for the thoughts so far!

I don’t like [name]Appoline[/name] at all it sounds very strange and clunky to my ears and I have trouble getting my tongue around it.

I think [name]Arden[/name] is a lovely name and teamed with [name]Lisette[/name] is a beautiful combo.

I voted for [name]Apolline[/name] [name]Snow[/name]! Such beautiful names both of them, and so much more feminine than [name]Arden[/name]! Also, [name]Lisette[/name] with the last name Tsai doesn’t really sound too good since the sounds are so similar.
[name]Arden[/name] is also a name that I predict will get increasingly popular in the next 5 years, maybe even to the top 100. The eternally unique [name]Apolline[/name] has so much character most people will never dare use it themselves, just admire the people who have the courage to which I think is awesome!! There’s also the wonderful nickname of [name]Polly[/name] coming from [name]Apolline[/name] where [name]Arden[/name] doesn’t seem to have any nicknames ([name]Den[/name]?)…

You just have to use [name]Apolline[/name]!! ^^

I love [name]Arden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name] and would love [name]Arden[/name] [name]Snow[/name], too!

I didn’t even think of the nn [name]Polly[/name]! I thought it would be [name]Apple[/name].

Like everyone else, I like both these names but with your last name, I prefer [name]Arden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name]. [name]Arden[/name] is unusual without being difficult, which is a big plus with a last name that I’m sure causes many pronunciation and spelling problems for English speakers. [name]Apolline[/name] I think would be misunderstood as [name]Apple[/name]-een or Abiilene and would need to be eternally spelled, pronounced, explained. And while I love [name]Snow[/name], there’s something tongue-twistery about [name]Snow[/name] Tsai.

Ditto! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Arden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name] is fantastic! [name]Apolline[/name] not so much.

I like [name]Arden[/name] [name]Snow[/name]