Down to two names, what's your favorite.

See the results of this poll: Which name?

Respondents: 63 (This poll is closed)

• Hazel Laine : 34 (54%)
  • Ella Jean: 29 (46%)

I love [name]Hazel[/name] and can’t use it w/my last name. The double L sound of [name]Hazel[/name] next to [name]Laine[/name] though… comes out sounding like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Aine[/name] unless you stop outloud in between the two.

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Jean[/name] sounds spunky and slightly southern in a good way. I still love [name]Hazel[/name] though.

I’ve always liked [name]Ella[/name] and that’s how I voted and the popularity may be regional, I’ve yet to meet a little girl with that name. Also [name]Hazel[/name] is a name I’ve never been able to warm to.

I voted for [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jean[/name]! It’s so sweet and spunky, and yes, [name]Ella[/name]'s popular but it just feels so timeless to me, too. I think [name]Dean[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] are very sweet together.

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Laine[/name] is so beautiful and classy! [name]Ella[/name] is so overused you will regret naming her such a popular name. I have received so many birth announcement cards with [name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Ella[/name] [name]Marie[/name] written on them. [name]Ella[/name] is very pretty, but I strongly suggest choosing otherwise. [name]Hazel[/name] is my favorite name and your daughter would be lucky to have it.

You can’t go wrong with either of them:) I voted for [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jean[/name], I love [name]Ella[/name] and I think [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Laine[/name] is a bit difficult to say since the two l’s kind of blur together:)

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jean[/name]!!!

[name]Hazel[/name] is one of my favourites but the -el ending in [name]Hazel[/name] and La- beginning of [name]Laine[/name] tend to run together and become one and it doesn’t sound as nice. So my vote went for [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jean[/name]. I generally don’t like [name]Ella[/name], but paired with [name]Jean[/name], it’s darling.
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jean[/name] is also quite nice. I also like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]June[/name].

I would pick [name]Hazel[/name], but again the L’s running together are a bit difficult. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jean[/name]/[name]June[/name] is a great alternative!

[name]Ella[/name] is waaaayy too overused. [name]Every[/name] other baby girl birth announcement we get now is an [name]Ella[/name]. Go with [name]Hazel[/name] :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to be blunt but I can’t stand [name]Ella[/name]. It’s too cutesy and overused. I’m really over it! On the other hand, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]! It’s cute and spunky yet ages well. Though I’m not sure about it with [name]Laine[/name] since the L’s run into each other. What about [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jean[/name]?

I never noticed how the L’s ran together and now it does stand out a lot to me. I love the way [name]Hazel[/name] [name]June[/name] sounds a lot!

I voted [name]Ella[/name] bc I love it and not so much [name]Hazel[/name]… but I don’t like the [name]Jean[/name]/[name]Dean[/name] rhyming.

I agree with pp. [name]Love[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], but not loving it with [name]Laine[/name]. Maybe [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?

[name]Both[/name] names are beautiful but if I was having a baby tomorrow and had to choose between the two, I would pick [name]Hazel[/name].

[name]Ella[/name] is a crowd favourite… you can’t go wrong with this… but [name]Hazel[/name] is visually arresting to me. A little [name]Hazel[/name] just looks like she would stand out and not be afraid of doing her own thing.

I voted for [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Laine[/name], but just for liking [name]Hazel[/name] better than [name]Ella[/name]. I think [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jean[/name] flows better than [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Laine[/name]. But [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jean[/name]/[name]June[/name] work well

Why not use [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] or [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] and sort of combine both loves that way?

[name]Ella[/name] and [name]Dean[/name] make a lovely sibset. I think [name]Ella[/name] is a pretty name and it isn’t probably as popular as it was a few years ago.

rollo

Or… or… Hazella! :slight_smile:

I liked both names, but voted for [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jean[/name] because [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Laine[/name] sounded too much like an address to me - I had a friend who lived on [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Lane[/name].