Dream-baby twins

At this point, these are only dream-babies, but I love playing with names. After reading the advice on twin naming, I decided to give it a shot and then see what other people thought of my combos. Here goes:

Boys:
[name]Hosea[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]

Growing up reciting the books of the Bible gave me the idea for this pair. There’s a whole string of cool names in the Old Testament prophets, [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Hosea[/name] [name]Joel[/name] [name]Amos[/name] [name]Obadiah[/name] [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Micah[/name]…[name]Hosea[/name] and [name]Joel[/name] work very well together and I like both individually. [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] are my grandfather’s and father’s names–and [name]Thomas[/name] means “twin”!

Girls:
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Melanie[/name]
[name]Elisabeth[/name] Diedra

For this pair, I had to write out a list of favorite girls’ names and then pick two that worked well together. It was a short list, unfortunately–there are very few girls’ names I love! [name]Melanie[/name] and Diedra are my mom’s and grandma’s names.

Boy/Girl:
[name]David[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Melanie[/name]

None of the names from my first two pairs work well in a boy/girl combo, so these came from my favorites list. I like the similar vowels and the same number of letters. I also like [name]David[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name], but so far I can’t pick good middle names for them.
So…what do you think?

[name]David[/name] [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]? I know [name]Grace[/name] is overused, but that’s because it just works so well! :wink: