Dream

I dreamed that my 87-year-old mother [name]Helen[/name] had a baby. It was a girl and she named her [name]Caroline[/name]. In my dream, I was trying to help my mom think of a middle name for [name]Caroline[/name]. It was hard, and we couldn’t come up with one. [name]Caroline[/name] ----- Farson. I finally thought of [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Alice[/name] Farson after I woke up.

I think I am spending too much time on Nameberry also, [name]Susan[/name]. The other night I dreamed both I and my sister-in-law (who had her tubes tied after her third son was born) were both pregnant and living right next door to each other. My children are 23, 20 1/2, and 4 1/2 and I lost a daughter at birth 8 1/2 years ago. My oldest son and his wife are expecting twins. I am done with childbearing (although technically I could still have another baby) because I am 47 so the only real explanation for this dream is that I want to name another child (and not just help out with picking names). It is funny that your mom was going to be an octogenarian mother!!! :slight_smile:

I know, we Nameberryites are so odd. I had another dream recently that I was just living my life when all of a sudden somebody pointed out that I had a little baby boy. I guess I had forgotten about him. I was told to go to a place where I would find two kind ladies caring for him. So I went and I saw him. He was beautiful and only three months old. Then I worried that I had named him a name that I didn’t like that much. So I went and asked my daughter if I had named him [name]Tony[/name] rather than [name]Philip[/name]. No, she said, of course you named him [name]Philip[/name]. I kept going back to where my baby was and I started taking care of him. The kind ladies helped me because I was too old to take care of him by myself.
I told my daughter about this dream the next day, and she had an interpretation of it. She said the baby [name]Philip[/name] represents my mother who we just had to place in a board and care home. Kind ladies are taking care of my mother 24/7. We go and visit her a lot. She is becoming more and more like a little child. I feel like I’m her mom. I am cleaning out her apartment. It is sad and nostalgic and overwhelming.

I am sorry to hear that you had to place your mom in a care facility.That is tough. Sometimes being middle-aged can be overwhelming. Between worrying about the grown (or almost grown) children getting started in life and health issues of aging parents, we sometimes become overwhelmed. I also have the added mix of raising a young child (basically raising another family) as my 4 1/2 year old just started preschool this year and we have kindergarten through high school yet to contend with along with college for her. My mother-in-law died of renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer) just over 2 years ago. She lived with us the last 7 months of her life while hospice came in and out to check on her. I had a 2 year old to care for along with sons living at home in senior year of high school and 2nd year of community college. It was all very overwhelming. When I did sleep, my dreams were full of oddities but most of the time insomnia was my biggest problem.

It’s amazing that you have a 4-year-old and everything else. You go, girl! I kind of wish that I’d had one more child, but it would have been a lot. It costs so much for them to go to college. Our daughter is applying for colleges now.

She does keep me young. She is really looking forwards to the twins (nieces, nephews, or one of each) that her sister-in-law is expecting. . She loves the “niece” and “nephew” they already have. They have legal custody of my daughter-in-law’s niece and nephew due to an abuse and neglect situation with her half-sister and her many boyfriends. Sadly, her half-sister has lost her first four- five( I can’t remember which) children (they all live with other relatives) as they were going to be put into foster care due to neglect and abuse and is now expecting again. She uses these children for the money they can get her from the system (doesn’t work and lives with multiple men), then pawns them off on other family members when the pressure gets on and she has been reported for abuse or neglect. The children are beautiful and it is just such a sad situation. :frowning:

That is so sad!

[name]Susan[/name]! There you are! :slight_smile: I’ve missed you!

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom, and I hope that you’re both doing okay now. :slight_smile:

You’re in my thoughts…

Thanks for this post, [name]Jill[/name]!
I have been clearing stuff out of my mom’s apartment and now my I.T. band hurts. That is a huge muscle that runs along the outside of one’s thigh. [name]Ouch[/name].
Today my mom’s helper [name]Jessica[/name], my mom, my husband, and I went to my mom’s apartment and all worked together. We all ate burgers together. It was fun. But my mom was so exhausted. She sat while we helped her.
My mom is staying in a lovely old Craftsman house. She is happy. Her ability to be logical is really slipping. She can’t walk very well anymore. It has been really awful: she had a [name]Baker[/name]'s cyst behind her knee that burst, really bad stomach flu, erratic blood pressure, and she loves to call us really early in the morning and demand things. She especially loves to call on [name]Saturday[/name] mornings.
My m-i-l is also in a board and care home that is owned by the same people that own my mom’s home. My m-i-l has fallen three times lately. She hates me and gives me the evil eye. She has moderate dementia and is psychotic.
We are in charge of everybody’s mail plus our house, my m-i-l’s house, and my mom’s apartment. It is intense! Soon we will give up my mom’s apt.

Oh, [name]Susan[/name]… I’m so sorry things have been so rough for you and your family lately. Your mom and [name]MIL[/name] (evil eye and all) are so lucky to have you in their lives.

To send you some cheer along with my hugs, I’m giving you: A [name]Barbie[/name] [name]Dream[/name] Pool (to go with your [name]Barbie[/name] [name]Dream[/name] Car), 2 slices of warm zucchini bread, a new Lite [name]Brite[/name] set, a pack of scented markers, three fuzzy teddy bear stickers, a DVD (Disney’s “Gnome Mobile”), 4 mini Three Musketeer bars, a new relish tray, a vintage [name]Strawberry[/name] Shortcake doll, one cherry Lifesaver, and a rhinestone encrusted broom for your mother-in-law, should she choose to fly to her next meeting with the neighborhood witches.

I hope you have a great night, and that better days lie ahead…

[name]Love[/name],
[name]Jill[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Jill[/name],
Thanks for all my presents. I’m going to soak my knee in the pool while I eat my zucchini bread.
My leg and knee are hurting. I may have to hire someone to help me finish emptying my mom’s apt. I did way too many dishes on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a time when I usually hurt my leg. I don’t know what it is with my family, but nobody wants to help do dishes.

I’m so sorry about your hurt knee and leg (which I forgot to mention in my last post), and think it sounds like a great idea to hire someone to help if you can.

I’ll be over to help you with the dishes. [name]Just[/name] give me a few minutes. :slight_smile:

Memo to [name]Susan[/name]‘s family: She cooked and fulfilled your stomachs’ wishes, so get off your butts and wash the dishes! (Wow! I’m a poet!) :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say, that made me laugh.

As far as cleaning out your mom’s house, [name]Susan[/name], I guess I dread the day. My parents are still young enough to do it themselves if they start right now, but it will take a long time even still. My father gets all the blame for being a packrat, but I think my mom has more actual stuff, it’s just more organized looking. I feel like I better hurry and have some babies, or who is going to clean out my apartment someday. I had a lot to prepare my parents and my 92-year-old grandma to come to me for Thanksgiving, and most of it didn’t get done. I have a lot of stuff nobody but me wants, so I have to find a home for it or do something with it or something. My apartment is small. It’s [name]Sunday[/name] and I’m all by myself, and nobody did the dishes yet. I guess I’ll break it up into smaller batches or it will just threaten me and attract bugs before too long. Thursday night and all day Friday, I slept. I slept 3 times, 3 full nights worth of sleep in a row, waking up between for maybe an hour. I’ve been having some name-related dreams as well since late last week but I keep thinking I’ll just remember them when I wake up and so far I haven’t been able to piece it together. They seem so important to me in the dream but I don’t know what the names are for when I wake up, or what they actually were, and I have a feeling some of them were pretty good. Still feel cloudy in my head.

The sad thing is that I didn’t have to cook for Thanksgiving and I still got tired. My husband and daughter cooked. Although I did make my famous Sangria jello. But I cleaned the house, set the table, picked up my mom and took her home, and did all the dishes. And was cleaning out my mom’s apartment.
We have so much stuff in our own house plus so much in my mom’s apt. and my m-i-l’s apt. What’s really scary is that I can get attached to things if I keep them very long. I feel like a huge fat packrat sitting on a mound of stuff. But I am getting rid of lots of my mom’s stuff. Next I will work on my m-i-l’s stuff. It’s always easier to get rid of other people’s stuff rather than your own.