Dressing up Nell and Lucy~

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries, I’m looking for some alternatives to these two names on their own.

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - I really love the sweet simplicity of [name_f]Nell[/name_f], but am not sure it goes well with my last name (Twiss). And when I’ve tried to pair it with multiple-syllable middle names, I can’t find anything that works. Thus, I’m searching for a longer name that can have the nickname [name_f]Nell[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]'s sound, but it on its own, it’s a bit common. I feel like I could get past that fact if she had a more distinctive “legal name” to go by. So if you could suggest anything that could be remotely shortened to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], that’d be awesome.

Thanks for reading!

Edited to add: The only variants I can say off the top of my head I’m not into are [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] - [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] - [name_f]Nell[/name_f]

[name_f]Nell[/name_f]:
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
Neroli (my grandmother’s name; she was always called [name_f]Nell[/name_f])
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]/[name_f]Daniella[/name_f]
[name_f]Petronella[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]?

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]:
[name_f]Lucette[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

Best of luck!

[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
Lucrece
[name_f]Lucrezia[/name_f]

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_u]Nelly[/name_u], [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], [name_f]Nellary[/name_f], [name_f]Hellen[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Neila[/name_f], [name_f]Nela[/name_f], [name_f]Nayeli[/name_f] (n-eye-gel-ee), [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f], [name_f]Nirvana[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Norabel[/name_f], [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f], [name_f]Nerilla[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]- Lucelle, [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]- [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], Donella

What about [name_f]Nella[/name_f]? I think it would still have that simplicity you love (I do, too!) and [name_f]Nella[/name_f] Twiss flows a little better than [name_f]Nell[/name_f] Twiss. I think [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] could work too.
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] short for [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] is so pretty. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know if it’s a stretch, but I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] could work as a nickname for [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Louise[/name_f] too.

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] -

[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonella[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianell[/name_f]
[name_f]Annelore[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianella[/name_f]
[name_f]Reinelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] -

[name_f]Lucida[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]/Lucianne
[name_f]Lucette[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucine[/name_f]
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucasta[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucrecia[/name_f] might be a bit of a stretch, but they could work.

Thanks everyone! I’m liking these suggestions so far:

[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Nayeli[/name_f]
[name_f]Nirvana[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonella[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianell[/name_f] - really loving this!
[name_f]Reinelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucette[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucrezia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucine[/name_f]
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f]