Due any day, and no definite name!

Hello!

So I am due next monday, if I don’t happen to go early, with my second daughter. My husband and I have had many issues picking a name. He is set on waiting until we see her, which I understand since that’s what happened with our first (unintentionally). It just makes it hard to decide which names we both like when he refuses to offer me any.

So far the only name we both happen to like is Graceyn, suprisingly since his taste in the past has included [name_f]Sara[/name_f], [name_f]Carly[/name_f], and [name_f]Dianne[/name_f].

My two year old’s name is [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], with an italian last name that has three syllables and starts with an S.

I would like to keep the J middle names going with our kids, since me and my husband have the same middle initials.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what J middle name would go with Graceyn that is fairly feminine? Or maybe more suggestions for first names I could try with my husband?

Some names that I like are [name_u]Teagan[/name_u], [name_f]Maura[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Graceyn [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_u]June[/name_u]
Graceyn [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
Graceyn [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
Graceyn [name_u]Josie[/name_u]
Graceyn [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jada[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_u]Jamie[/name_u]

My favorites are Graceyn [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and Graceyn [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]

First off congratulations! I hope every joy for your daughter and her arrival.

Second Graceyn is quite different from [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] so I’m wondering what drew you this name? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like that it’s modern? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like that it’s following the Y substitution trend?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want the middle name to follow that same line of reasoning?

If you my suggestion would be

Graceyn [name_u]Jordyn[/name_u]

Graceyn is much different then any of the other names you listed so it’s hard to get a handle on your taste! What draws you to Graceyn?

Thank you! Graceyn was more of a random name we came across on a list, and my husband really wanted the name [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] if we were expecting a boy. He loves the nickname [name_u]Gray[/name_u], and I believe that is what he plans to call her while I prefer [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Gracie[/name_f].

So I guess the similarity in pronounciation is what drew us to that name. He’s more sure of that name than me, though. I think the spelling is more feminine than [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] itself, but I am aware that is going to be a bit of a pain for her and that is what throws me off about the name a little bit.

Graceyn [name_u]Jordyn[/name_u] is a pretty combination. I haven’t thought about the Y subsitution but I like how it played out here :slight_smile:

With my first daughter’s name, I wanted to name her [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] but my husband liked the simpler version [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. So his style is usually much more traditional, whereas mine is an all over mess haha.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a definite favorite of mine! My husband doesn’t like it for some reason, but hopefully I get my way when she arrives. :wink:

[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] is a very pretty, I like that one as well! Those two were my favorites on your list, along with [name_f]Juliana[/name_f].

[name_f]May[/name_f] I suggest [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] or [name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn Gre ([name_u]Grey[/name_u])?

I would not mind [name_f]Greta[/name_f]! I’ll run that one by my husband, he might like it since more people would be inclined to call her [name_u]Grey[/name_u] like he wants!

Aww I was wondering if you where going more for [name_f]Grace[/name_f]-[name_f]Ann[/name_f] or [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] feel. Another idea to get a “[name_u]Gray[/name_u]” would be [name_f]Grayce[/name_f], which has been a variation on [name_f]Grace[/name_f] for at least a century. By the way I’ve known a woman who name was [name_f]Grace[/name_f] who went by [name_u]Gray[/name_u] so there is that option as well. Also [name_f]Garnet[/name_f] might be another option. Since surnames/ surname sounding names have an appeal for you (I love Teagen by the way). I might suggest [name_f]Greer[/name_f]?

Finally for some totally unrelated suggestion!

[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]- Which has a lot of the edge Graceyn has, seems like a middle ground between [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] and Teagen).

Daytona- A modern sounding name, with a great nick name in [name_u]Day[/name_u].

[name_f]Mae[/name_f]/[name_f]May[/name_f] - You have some great sounding classics on your list maybe a short [name_f]May[/name_f] would be the trick?

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a great middle for any name!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] want to add I have a very traditional name [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], and not a lot of people can spell on their first try. I have a very good friend who has known me for over 15 years who still spells my name some variation of [name_f]Jaqueline[/name_f] or [name_f]Jacquline[/name_f]. Many people want to call me [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] (which I have never gone by). The point is I love my name, even though I always have to spell it out, and rarely find a key chain with my name on it, and people often call me the wrong name. If you love the name Graceyn and feel like that’s her name, then that’s it. She will likely love it too!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]? I think you should go with something classic like [name_f]Natalie[/name_f].

Graceyn is so different compared to the other names on your list and her sister’s names. I would say save [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] for a boy or name her [name_f]Grace[/name_f] “[name_u]Gray[/name_u].”

[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinna[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
Sitara

I really like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] with [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] would be perfect. [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] would also be perfect

You’d be surprised how different type of names that don’t sound like sib sets can become amazing sibsets. Simply because they are siblings.

I have a Hebrew/Greek name origin and my brothers is Germanic. Both our names start with the same first letter (a hard consonant) and the same second letter (vowel). We both have [name_f]Asian[/name_f] middle names.

My sister has an [name_f]Asian[/name_f] first name, no middle name and it starts with a soft consonant on the other side of the alphabet. Her second letter is also a vowel not found in either of my brother and my first or middle names.

Yet my parents still rand down the list of names in order of birth, stopping on whoever they were trying to talk to, call or scold. It doesn’t look like it would work on paper, but in reality it was a perfect accident.

Stick to what you both like. It sounds like you’ll get the more feminine spelling and he will get the nickname he wants, which is a compromise for both of you. I personally see no problem naming a little girl [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] though. If people can name their girls [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and their boys [name_u]Leslie[/name_u], why cant you name yours [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]?

Also,you could always play with [name_u]June[/name_u]. It is the month she will be born in, and it’s a super chill girls name that flows super well with Graceyn.

With a longer first and last name, I feel like a 1 or 2 syllable middle makes the most sense. Maybe:
Graceyn [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_u]June[/name_u]
Graceyn [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jemma[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Joelle[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_u]Jo[/name_u]/[name_f]Joanne[/name_f]

Graceyn [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is my favorite! <3

I’m not convinced Graceyn will hold up as well over time as [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] and agree maybe you should save it for a boy. I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] would be really cute with [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] though. I also like the suggestion of [name_f]Greer[/name_f].

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]

[name_m]Just[/name_m] an update, we had our little girl two days after my due date!

So now we have a [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and Graceyn [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] ”

Congratulations, [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]! <3

Congrats!!!

I’m afraid Graceyn is mismatched with big sister, [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. The spelling seems off (made-up) and the pronuniation is all boy. Save it for the boy.
Is there someone you can honor whose name starts with J that can be the middle name? Otherwise. I liked the suggestion of [name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (although I prefer the lovely [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as a first name). [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] pair well together, as do [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Greta[/name_f].
If you end up using Graceyn or versions of it that have been suggested, keep in mind that when the boy comes along, you may regret using it on the girl.

Graceyn [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jill[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jemma[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_u]Jaye[/name_u]
Graceyn [name_f]Jayne[/name_f]
Graceyn [name_u]Joyce[/name_u]
Graceyn [name_m]Jett[/name_m]
Graceyn [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]