Due in 5 weeks and need to make up our minds!

DH and I are due with our second babe in about 5 weeks and still have not picked our names. We are not finding out the sex so we need to pick a boy and girl name. We honestly will probably take our top 2 to the hospital but need to finalize our choices. DD is [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name].

For girls, we love [name]Louise[/name] and is honestly my top choice but I have my moments of doubt so honest opinions welcome. We like also really love [name]Edith[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Betty[/name], and [name]Esther[/name]. For middle names, I really prefer 3 syllables since our last name is Marks and all of our FN choices are 2 syllables; to me the flow just sounds better that way. Top middle names are [name]Sojourner[/name] (has significance), [name]Agatha[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Eliza[/name].

Some girl combos we like:

[name]Louise[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]

Now boys. Our top 2 boys names are the same 2 we took to the hospital with [name]Georgia[/name]. [name]Lionel[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name]. I am majorly crushing on [name]Thatcher[/name] though! Some middle names we like are [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name], [name]Anderson[/name] (DH is [name]Andrew[/name]), but also kind of stuck on middle names for boys and combos. Maybe I have had them mulling in my head for so long they just don’t sound fresh anymore or something?

[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]

Help us decide and give us your honest opinions. Maybe you guys can help us pick a solid first and second choice! Thanks in advance.

[name]Louise[/name]- I love it.
[name]Edith[/name]- out of your list it takes last place for me, but I do like it.
[name]Frances[/name]- my personal favorite. [name]Frances[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name] gets my vote!
[name]Betty[/name]- love it, but I prefer it as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name] or whatever else. The [name]Bette[/name] dpelling can stand alone though imo.
[name]Esther[/name]- very nice

I love this list. I would absolutely go for the mn that has significance for you, [name]Sojourner[/name].

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name]
[name]Edna[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name]
[name]Etta[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name]
[name]Bette[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name]
[name]Elizabetta[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name]

[name]Frances[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name] is my favorite working from your list, but [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name] is gorgeous and I really like [name]Bette[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name]…that just has so much spirit.

[name]Edith[/name] is my favorite girl name from your list.

So not one of the options you put forth, but I love the sound of [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Louise[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] is all kinds of awesome!

As for girls names I’m crushing on [name]Agatha[/name] atm and think that [name]Agatha[/name] [name]Louise[/name] would be a great combo. Taking a name straight from your list however, I like [name]Edith[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. I also really like [name]Edith[/name] [name]Harriet[/name].

Thanks for your thoughts! I really do keep going back and forth. I think [name]Louise[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name] are taking top billing for me.

taz, I want to like [name]Louisa[/name], I really do (seeing as [name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Alcott[/name] is one of my favorite authors) but when I say [name]Louisa[/name] out loud it feels too fancy? formal? something? I can’t quite explain it because I think its a gorgeous name, but [name]Louise[/name] is probably the [name]Lou[/name] name for us.

rachelxoxo, I fell in love with [name]Edith[/name] watching Downton [name]Abbey[/name] and have yet to fall out of love. DH just doesn’t love it (but really likes [name]Edie[/name], so because of that it isn’t in the top spot)

mkenison, I also think [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is a lovely combo but for some reason I don’t love [name]Eliza[/name] as a fn… maybe because i’m worried she’d get called [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Liza[/name] (neither of which I am a fan of)

emelis, today [name]Harvey[/name] has been my fave too :slight_smile: And I love [name]Agatha[/name] as a first name but my DH and I went to [name]Texas[/name] A&M (the Aggies) and I feel like it would be a little overkill since [name]Aggie[/name] is the natural nn for [name]Agatha[/name]. But becayse that is where we met, fell in love and spent the first 6 months of marriage… I [name]LOVE[/name] the name and the “aggie” significance in the middle spot.

any other thoughts out there? [name]Do[/name] you think they sound okay with our last name?

Assuming your last name is [name]Jordan[/name], I think all of these names (fn, ln) sound great. Awesome flow. Also, [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]? Swoon! You will find me on the ground if I meet him. Hehe. [name]Edith[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] (stunning!) and [name]Frances[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] are my two favorite combos from your girls list.

That’s really cute! My sister was NN [name]Aggie[/name] - but she’s an [name]Anthea[/name] - which went to Agapanthus, to [name]Aggie[/name].

[name]Agnes[/name] is also really cute, but I just love [name]Agatha[/name]! great choice and the significance is lovely. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Louise[/name] the most with [name]Georgia[/name], and I think you should go with the middle name that has significance to you. I therefore vote for [name]Louise[/name] [name]Sojourner[/name]. [name]Both[/name] your boy combos are great. Good luck!

Well thanks you guys. Once DH gets back into town we will finalize the list. And since votes are pretty well split between girl names, we might just wait and decide once we see her (if it is a her). And [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] is taking the lead for me over [name]Lionel[/name]. Does [name]Harvey[/name] Marks sound weird though? with the -ar sound in the middle?