Due in 5 weeks-- help!

Hey everyone! I have posted before trying to pick a name for our little girl, but we are down to the last few weeks and we still haven’t reached any decision. There are lots of names that I like, but I have yet to really [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] any of them enough to settle on it. So, I’m asking you to either help me fall in love with one of our choices, or help me think of something fresh and new!

Here’s our list as it stands:

[name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]: [name_f]Leona[/name_f] is a family name to honor a [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]. I like that it’s fairly unusual and I think it’s a pretty name, but at this point, I’m not over the moon about it.

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]: [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is another family honor name, but we like it in the middle rather than as a first. I adore [name_f]Jane[/name_f], but our last name is Compton, and I’m afraid they’re too plain-sounding together.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]/[name_u]June[/name_u]: I like the sound of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] better, but I don’t like some of the associations for [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (i.e., [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] Scoville, and there’s a children’s song called [name_f]Liza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]). [name_u]June[/name_u] is a family name.

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a family name. My original pick was [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], but DH vetoed [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] ?- we haven’t picked a middle for this option.

Other names I like that DH has nixed:
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

Great list! My eye was immediately drawn to [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. Gorgeous combo! I don’t think it sounds plain at all, on the contrary it sounds more like a movie star name, imo.

I also really love [name_f]Edith[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]?

You have a nice list and my favourites are [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], although I would suggest [name_f]Susanne[/name_f] as it is shorter and less likely to get shortened, [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. I also really like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]. If you aren’t totally in love with [name_f]Leona[/name_f], would [name_f]Leola[/name_f] appeal? I also thought of [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]/[name_u]June[/name_u] for you.

@ccomp I didn’t realize you were getting so close! [name_m]How[/name_m] exciting!

Of your choices I really like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] (I think [name_u]June[/name_u] is more exciting and underused compared to [name_f]Jane[/name_f]) and [name_f]Leona[/name_f] (I never hear this, very cool!). You have such a neat style, classic and chic but also surprising. I also like the suggestion of [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]. You really can’t go wrong with any of them!

I think [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is beautiful and charming! I do love the nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] for [name_f]Edith[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] (similar to [name_f]Willa[/name_f] on your list)?

I love [name_f]Leona[/name_f]:slight_smile: I also [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]… shame that dh doesn’t like it…ugh… [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] makes me smile:) I would choose [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] from your list… good luck!