Due in 7 days and can't decide- need help!

See the results of this poll: Which name combo is your favorite?

Respondents: 46 (This poll is closed)

• Seneca Rose : 13 (18%)
  • Seneca Violet : 3 (4%)
  • Seneca Juliet : 2 (3%)
  • Allegra Violet : 9 (12%)
  • Allegra Genevieve : 8 (11%)
  • Allegra June : 9 (12%)
  • Aria Aberdeen : 3 (4%)
  • Aria Emerson : 14 (19%)
  • Alexandra Emerson : 6 (8%)
  • Alexandra Aberdeen: 6 (8%)

My favorite for each first name is:

[name_u]Seneca[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]

My overall favorite is [name_u]Seneca[/name_u] or [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is a little plain personally for me, for a first name. [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is the name I hear most in my area for new little girls (other than [name_f]Nora[/name_f]) so it’s grown tired for me, for that reason…

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]. I don’t think the allergy med is a deal breaker and I think an [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], called [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] (rather than [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] or even [name_u]Alex[/name_u]) would be refreshing :slight_smile:

Or - do you like [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]? The Italian version of [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], similar vibe to [name_f]Allegra[/name_f].

[name_u]Seneca[/name_u] is gorgeous! Its even more beautiful paired with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I think any girl would love this if it were her name.

I also voted for [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]!

I voted for [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]. I prefer [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but that wasn’t an option. I think [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is a beautiful name and will wear well from childhood to adulthood. It also gives her a lot of nickname options should she choose not to go by [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] in the future.

[name_u]Seneca[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] got my vote. I think it is really pretty and I love that it is not often heard.

I also vote for [name_u]Seneca[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! I love its uniqueness and the women’s rights meaning stemming from [name_u]Seneca[/name_u] Falls. I don’t think it is “too unusual” in today’s baby name world! A lot of people may not know what it is or what it means, but it is easy to pronounce and sounds similar enough to other commonly recognizable names like [name_f]Jessica[/name_f].

I would have the exact issues you mentioned with the other 3 names although all are pretty enough in their own ways.

I love [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]! I don’t think of the medication; it just sounds like a beautiful name. [name_u]Seneca[/name_u] would be my second choice, followed by [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] is pretty, but if you don’t want to hear it on the playground, this is the wrong choice. This name is skyrocketing.

Ooh, darn. I would have said for sure [name_u]Seneca[/name_u], but [name_u]Seneca[/name_u] Samuall… I don’t know. For me, that’s a little too much on the alliterative side.

And I really love [name_f]Allegra[/name_f], too. It was one of my first name-loves way back when, and then when that darn allergy medication came out and I saw a commercial for it, I was so bummed!! It’s a beautiful name and never should have been used for a drug. Ugh. For me, the drug thing is a deal-breaker. For me. If you’re sure it won’t bother you, then it should stay in the running.

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] really don’t do it for me.

Now I’m starting to second-guess myself about the alliteration thing with [name_u]Seneca[/name_u]… maybe it’s a non-issue. It really is a great first name.

[name_f]One[/name_f] thing to keep in mind is that while you have some lovely middle names on your list ([name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_u]Aberdeen[/name_u]), the 3-3-3 syllable pattern for first, middle, last doesn’t have the best ring to it. If that matters at all to you.

The only name I absolutely do not like is [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], even in the middle spot. It’s trendy in the worst way, to me. Surname-name, masculine (means “son of [name_u]Emery[/name_u]”) pretending to be unisex when really it’s not— I just can’t get behind it in any way, shape, or form.

Anyway. I couldn’t vote because my favorite combo wasn’t on the poll—I like [name_u]Seneca[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]. If [name_f]Rose[/name_f] isn’t a family name, it just feels like “filler” to me. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it does sound lovely with [name_u]Seneca[/name_u].

Like [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]Seneca[/name_u] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u].

i voted for [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] in the poll, but i think [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is stunning. [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is very nice, too!

These responses are great and very helpful! Thanks so much everyone-- keep them coming…:slight_smile:

Cheers,
[name_u]Mel[/name_u]

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] was not included in the poll but that would be my choice.