Due in ONE week! No name!

We don’t know the sex of little one, but it’s probably going to make it’s arrival soon and we are really lost on names. We generally don’t like names with nicknames (although there are some that I will consider and do like) and we don’t like anything trendee or unisex. Our last name sounds like “[name]MAY[/name]-ya”.

I have two girls already, [name]Carys[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Annabel[/name].

Our current girl list:

[name]Margot[/name] (no middle yet!)
[name]Vivienne[/name]

Our current boy list:

[name]Henry[/name] (dh likes this with nn [name]Harry[/name])
[name]Rex[/name] (my mom suggested this last night - I don’t know. Does it sound like a dog’s name?)

Possible family names to use as middle names (no need to use them, though):
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Donald[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]

Thanks for any help! I would love some more suggestions, too. I feel like our name list is very lacking in choices!

[name]Hi[/name] - I love the names [name]Carys[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]! So pretty.
And I love [name]Margot[/name]…how about [name]Margot[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]?
I also think [name]Evelyn[/name] (nn [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]) would go nicely with [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]. [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Laura[/name] would be pretty.

For boys, I can see [name]Henry[/name] [name]Edward[/name] with [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Rex[/name] is okay, but for some reason, [name]Simon[/name] was the other name that came to mind besides [name]Henry[/name]. [name]Simon[/name] [name]Edward[/name] would be very handsome!

I love [name]Simon[/name] as well, but it’s my best friend’s son’s name. Might be a bit awkward!

I do like [name]Margot[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]…it is very pretty to look at as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Anyone else out there with suggestions or thoughts is greatly appreciated!! :smiley:

I love your girls name!

[name]Carys[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], and…

[name]Margo[/name]- sounds a little harsh compared to [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Vivienne[/name]- Very pretty, I prefer this one.

Others:
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Siri[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Vida[/name]
[name]Baya[/name]

[name]Henry[/name]- I dont think [name]Henry[/name] needs a nn at all. I love this with your girls. Its perfect.
[name]Rex[/name]- I love [name]Rex[/name]. I think more dogs are named [name]Max[/name] then [name]Rex[/name] anymore. [name]Rex[/name] sounds strong but still laid back. I like it a lot with [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name].

Others:
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Fintan[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Margot[/name]? I would put [name]Margot[/name] first, but I recently discovered how many people have no idea how to pronounce it! A couple I know just named their daughter [name]Margot[/name] and so many people said to me, “What kind of name is [name]Mar[/name]-Got?” Sad, but true. Of course, you can’t always let other people’s naivete control what you name your kids!

[name]Evelyn[/name] is beautiful. Would work as [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Margot[/name] or [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Laura[/name].

[name]Henry[/name] was my son’s back-up name. Still love it. [name]Rex[/name] makes me think not of a dog, but of someone very masculine. Only concern there is that it rhymes with sex. [name]Just[/name] wonder in what grade other kids might pick that up? Maybe never. My name is [name]Whitney[/name] and no kid ever thought to call me Witless or Nitwit, despite my mother’s concerns.

I do not like [name]Donald[/name]. I think of [name]Donald[/name] Duck. [name]Even[/name] [name]Donald[/name] [name]Draper[/name] can’t rescue this one for me.

Sorry but i do not like [name]Margot[/name], i dislike the spelling and the name and i agree that it doesnt fit in with [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]. But i do like your choices of Vivenne, [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Laura[/name]. As for boys i would choose [name]Harry[/name] over [name]Henry[/name], prefer [name]Harry[/name] as a name and i dont see the point in naming him [name]Henry[/name] if hell be known as [name]Harry[/name]. id go for
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Laura[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Laura[/name]
[name]Harry[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Harry[/name] [name]Edward[/name]

I love girl names named after places.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the two names [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Brooklyn[/name]. They sound adorable! [name]Margot[/name] is cute too! Any of these cute names would go well with the middle names [name]Anne[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Beth[/name], or [name]Grace[/name].

For boy names, I [name]LOVE[/name] the names [name]Asher[/name], [name]Ryan[/name], and [name]Jack[/name]. They sound very cute! Middle names to go with those could be short and sweet. I can’t really think of any at the moment, but I’m sure you will think of something adorable!