Due in two weeks and feeling slightly panicked about names. We’re Team Green but here is what we have narrowed it down to on the boy side:
- Theodore, nn Teddy
- Sullivan, nn Sully
- Macklin, nn Mac
Overall, I’d say we’re looking for names that feel somewhat classic, unique without being too try-hard, and have good nickname potential
Points of consideration:
- Is Charlie just way, way too popular?
- Is Theodore about to be too popular? (My husband doesn’t love Theo or Ted, either! He likes Theodore and Teddy but worries there’s no good middle ground there.)
- Is Wells too out there? (This is my fav name but my husband feels like it might be just a smidge too “out there” and the nickname potential isn’t super high)
- We’re doing a family surname as the middle name, so Sullivan Lastname Lastname sounds a bit like three last names in a row…
- Is Macklin too out there?
What do you like? What are your first impressions? Can you tell we’re going neurotic over this decision?!