DUE today, please vote!

Today is my due date and we just finally decided on the first name as [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], but we can’t seem to decide on the middle name. Our other daughter is named [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] so we are definitely drawn to feminine, vintage names. I’ve been trying to brainstorm a good southern, short, vintage middle name that works with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] that’s not overused but I can’t seem to think of anything. Our last name is 3 syllables, 3 vowels and only 5 letters - not sure if that helps decide on which name would flow best or not lol These are our two favorites and why we like them but I’d love to hear any other suggestions.

1. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (combines parts of my mother’s and my name in one)
  2. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (Grandmother’s name)
  • [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

0 voters

1 Like

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is beautiful! [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is lovely too though.

1 Like

Gosh, these are two good ones!! I love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but they both have the sharp v sound so that’s where I’m conflicted. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is also really beautiful, and might fit better with [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]. I’m in love both though so it’s hard to decide! I’d have to say [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is my fave though, but you’re the momma so whichever you choose will work!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the feedback. I was conflicted about not only the sharp v sounds but just the length of the name being too much (3 syllables, 4 syllables, 3 syllables). I always told my husband we would have a lot more kids if I didn’t have such a hard time naming them. I truly envy those that name their kids so easily and never look back! :crazy_face:

You’re so welcome! And I completely agree! I’m currently going through the process of coming up with a name for my daughter and it is total hell - every time I think I’ve decided on the perfect name I find another one that I think is even better! I keep thinking about how there’s no going back after I name her which makes it even more stressful :weary::weary: I don’t know how some people do it!

1 Like

Another vote for [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]. It’s personal preference, but [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is a lot of syllables (especially if you also have a 3 syllable surname) and the repeating ‘v’ sound isn’t my fave. They’re both lovely though, so she’ll be lucky to have a fine name either way.

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f], but I feel like [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] fits the vibe I’m getting from you better.

Also, I love your username :wink:

2 Likes

We are definitely in the same boat right now! I’m beyond stressed because I know she can come any day now and I’m still wishy washy on which name I like best. :tired_face:

Thank you! I love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] so I think I’m just trying to make them work together even though I know deep down it’s a little too much altogether. I originally wanted to do [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] but I know [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is overused as a middle name, but I guess it’s for a good reason.

I voted for [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f], beautiful!

I feel like it’s the better fit with big sister’s name, and it also flows a little better to my ear because it’s not too long (especially with a 3-syllable last name) and doesn’t contain the repeated sounds that [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] does. It’s also a clearer honour name.

Both are lovely, however. Very best of luck! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

You read people very well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: While I really do love the name [name_f]Florence[/name_f] it’s main appeals are that it’s a family name and it’s two syllables. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] hits a lot more marks - husband and daughter love it, great meaning, history (my mom’s and my name in it), feminine, vintage, not too common. The only drawbacks are being lengthy and a lot of strong V sounds being paired with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].

hehe thanks! We are huge Big Bang [name_u]Theory[/name_u] fans! :nerd_face:

Same here!

Would [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] (emma-leen) appeal you you? It’s similar to [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but without the added V sound to [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].

3 Likes

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is beauitful -i love it.

You might like [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]

1 Like

Both of them are beautiful, but I feel like [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] rolls off the tongue a bit better. Congrats on your lovely darling!

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Florence[/name_f], but [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is a good middle for [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] as well.

1 Like

Both are so beautiful! And both work well with sister’s name. I voted for [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. Unless you’re saving it for a possible future daughter I would use the name you like best. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both are beautiful names but I voted [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - I don’t mind the repeated ‘v’ sound as it has a nice rhythm to it. I like the significance too. Best of luck with your decision and your new arrival :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I took a look at the Nameberry vintage list and only focused on the short middle names that I saw that I thought would go with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

I did put my vote for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] just an FYI!

Not on the vintage list but I do have a friend of the same name who’s mn is [name_f]Joy[/name_f] so that’s always tried and true as well. Good luck trying to name my third currently and I don’t remember it being this hard with the first two so I get it completely!

1 Like

I voted [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] because the flow is fantastic BUT reading more of the comments, you seem to really love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and it’s more personal to you than [name_f]Florence[/name_f]. I really believe you should go with your heart here. I actually quite like the double v sounds, the ending is a bit similar to me, but it’s still a very lovely combo, and the important thing is YOU love it, your family loves it–it has all the qualities you want. I would go for it.

3 Likes