Due tomorrow, need help!

So we are due with out first little guy tomorrow and have been struggling with name choices. I would [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] your feedback, I have been stalking this site for months and it is the only reason we have some solid choices :smiley:
Our short list at this point:

[name_m]Crew[/name_m] (DH’s fav name)
[name_m]Cash[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]

Some other favs to give a better feel for our styles:
[name_m]Brock[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Baer[/name_m] or [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]

We finally feel like we have some good choices, but we cannot come up with a good middle name. Our last name is one syllable and very basic. We have some family names but I don’t feel right choosing one over the other - so we might just go with something totally neutral. We have some [name_m]German[/name_m], Swiss, and Italian heritage.

[name_m]Cash[/name_m]!
I like all of you’re choices though. Congratulations!

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to toss out some middle name suggestions that might work with our choices. I feel inclined to use something that has more syllables with the short first and last name - am i over thinking??

Your list is great and if you also love [name_m]Crew[/name_m], that is the one I would go with. Then pair it with one of the others.

[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Brock[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
[name_m]Cash[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]

Some of these might help…I took some of your choices so far and mixed in some others that I thought might work with your style.

[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Cash[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]

I personally really like a one syllable first name with a one syllable last name. I would put a middle name with at least two syllables in between to break it up. But if you end up using a two syllable first name you can go with a one syllable middle, I think.

Good luck!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], nn [name_m]Cash[/name_m]? (prn CASH-us)

Cash Griffin works too, but sounds a bit close to Cash Warren. Still handsome.

My personal pick would be [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]. It’s perfect! If you are going with [name_m]Crew[/name_m] or [name_m]Cash[/name_m], you need a longer middle.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]

[name_m]Cash[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is especially handsome. Let us know what you decide.

I also have a one syllable simple surname, and I try to avoid one syllable first names so that the name isn’t too short. For that reason, from your list I would go with [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] or [name_m]Griffin[/name_m].

[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]/[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Crew[/name_m] would work nicely!

[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] sounds nice.

I too [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]! [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] would be my pick.

All the very best of luck with the impending arrival!

All of your choices are nice but if you pick [name_m]Cash[/name_m] I would like to throw out another alternate long form (a pp mentioned [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]); [name_m]Cashel[/name_m]. It means castle and has a much nicer look and sound than [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. [name_m]Cashel[/name_m] [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]/[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] would be my top two of those names. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is cute too but it definitely sounds like a hybrid mythological animal mixed with a bear.

My favorite here is [name_m]Crew[/name_m]. I actually think my DH would love this name as well. It helps that it’s the name of one of his favorite soccer teams! lol Anyways, super great name list. And congratulations on the upcoming little man.

Some name combo options…

[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Ovid[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Barlow[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Koda[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Adler[/name_m]

My second favorite on your list is [name_m]Cash[/name_m], and I think most of these middles would work with that name, as well. Have fun mixing and matching and coming up with a name! Keep us posted :slight_smile:

I’ve loved [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] for a long time. W/that being two syllables & your ln being one, I’d go w/a three- or more syllable mn that doesn’t end in -n-. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] came to mind right away; [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] also sounds nice w/[name_m]Gavin[/name_m], at least to my ear. Good luck! :slight_smile: