Duke

What does everyone think of this name?

It’s really growing on me!

My other favourite name is [name]Finn[/name]

I much prefer [name]Finn[/name] to [name]Duke[/name]. [name]Finn[/name] is a name with a long and illustrious Irish history and a great hero behind it. [name]Duke[/name]'s reference to the royal title just makes it less classy, I think, plus the whole Dukes of [name]Earl[/name] thing and “dukey” teasing possibilities are other strikes against it.

I prefer [name]Finn[/name] (and [name]Finnegan[/name]/[name]Finnian[/name]), too, because when I see [name]Duke[/name], the first thing that honestly comes to mind (well, after the [name]Duke[/name] of [name]Earl[/name] and dukey, and I’m really sorry about this), is puke. :frowning:

My great grandfather was named [name]Marmaduke[/name] nn [name]Duke[/name], and my great uncle was [name]Duke[/name] as well. They were really smart and creative. However that was a long time ago, and nowadays I think [name]Finnigan[/name] or [name]Phineas[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name] is a better choice. Maybe [name]Duke[/name]'s time is coming though! [name]Hope[/name] so!

Thanks for the thoughts. I also like [name]Dash[/name]. [name]Finn[/name] has been my number one ever since the movie version with [name]Ethan[/name] Hawke of Great Expectations.

I think [name]Finn[/name] is great, and love [name]Dash[/name] as a nickname for [name]Dashiell[/name], too. You’ve got some great names! (And I’m thinking that [name]Duke[/name] may still be viable as a middle name. [name]Finnian[/name] [name]Duke[/name]…Hmm…)