DYLAN. What do you REALLY think??

Here’s the deal. I’m a huge [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] nerd (I even wrote my literature and music master’s thesis on him!). And now that I’ve got a little one on the way, I can’t help but consider [name]Dylan[/name]. But I’m also a name nerd, and that side of me isn’t convinced. So tell me nameberries, what do you REALLY think about the name [name]Dylan[/name]? Who’s naming their kids [name]Dylan[/name]? And is it really that popular?

Thanks!

[name]Love[/name] the sound of the name but much prefer it spelled [name]Dillon[/name]. I actually don’t know any Dylans/Dillons etc. of any age. So, I’m not convinced that it is actually as super popular as people say.

I agree with PP, I’ve always assumed it was really popular but I’ve never actually met a [name]Dylan[/name]. Personally I don’t love the name, but it has special meaning to you so I think if you don’t use it as a fn, maybe use it as an mn?

If you love it and it has meaning to you, I think you should use it. I’ve known Dillons in the past, but I think I prefer the [name]Dylan[/name] spelling due to the [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] association. I would look up both [name]Dillon[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name] on the SSA name list to gauge popularity.

One of my favourite names!
[name]Love[/name] how it sounds. [name]Haven[/name]'t heard a “[name]Dylan[/name]” name in a while too :slight_smile:

I like the name [name]Dylan[/name], and I know 2 or 3 of them, all from about 8-12 years old.
I would use it if it has significance to you, especially as a mn. Another thing to point out - [name]Dylan[/name] has been used on girls, also.

I really love the name [name]Dylan[/name]. In fact, it’s a recent name infatuation of mine, so I really like it.
I also love the fact that it would pay a tribute to your love of [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name]. It’s a really handsome name, and I can see it working for any age. [name]Dylan[/name] really is a great name.

As for Dylans that I know… I know two Dylans. One is a boy who is junior in high school, so about 16 or 17, and the other [name]Dylan[/name] is a girl, who is a sophomore, so about 15-16.
[name]Dylan[/name] was relatively popular for the years they were born, yet it’s not heard everywhere. I wouldn’t really worry about popularity too much.

I love the name [name]Dylan[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t actually KNOW any Dylans. I only like it for a boy. It feels too trendy for a girl.

I will also always associate it with 90210 but that’s probably only my small age group (late 30s)! And honestly, it’s not a bad association cuz he was HOT.

I am also a HUGE [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] fan. We were THIS close to naming our daughter [name]Isis[/name] b/c it’s one of my favorite [name]Dylan[/name] songs, but then I got cold feet, worrying about what it would be like if she had a lisp! lol - late stage pregnancy hormones…maybe if we have another girl in the future…

I don’t think it sounds dated at all, but then I also love the name [name]Shane[/name], which other nameberries are always telling me is super dated, so you can’t trust my opinion there.

According to [name]Linda[/name] and [name]Pamela[/name] in their book, “Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name]”, [name]Dylan[/name] is one of the names on a list called “So Far In They’re Out” meaning it’s too popular and trendy. I tell you this as a precaution as I think it all depends on where you live. It you really like [name]Dylan[/name], choose it but beware there may be others he will have to share his name with in the playground.