Easton and Weston

I was flabbergasted when I realized [name_u]Easton[/name_u] is in the top 100 and [name_m]Weston[/name_m] is very close to it! I was about to suggest them for someone who was looking for names of that style, and when I clicked on their pages I was so surprised to find out how popular they are.

Have y’all been hearing these names a lot? Any other thoughts on these name?

Not my personal style but I think they’re nice. Had no clue they were this widely used though

I’ve heard [name_u]Easton[/name_u] a lot. The only [name_m]Weston[/name_m] I know is in his…70s?? I think?

1 Like

I know one [name_u]Easton[/name_u] and one [name_m]Weston[/name_m], both are under 2. I feel like I see a lot of “Weston” on Pinterest or Etsy though on those nursery name sign things though.

2 Likes

I’ve never met an [name_u]Easton[/name_u] or a [name_m]Weston[/name_m], so I’m also surprised they’re so popular! I personally really like [name_m]Weston[/name_m] but don’t at all care for [name_u]Easton[/name_u].

1 Like

I think they’re both really handsome! They’re not my personal style either, and I’ve never met anyone with these names. However I’m also surprised to hear how high up they are!

1 Like

Yeah, they definitely give cowboy vibes, they feel more unexpected than any names that highly ranked should have the right to feel :rofl:

1 Like

So interesting! I don’t think I’ve ever come across it as a first name

Easton’s ranked #37 in my state and [name_m]Weston[/name_m] is at #80 but I can’t say that I’ve ever met one.

1 Like

Your state might be what’s buoying them up to the top :sweat_smile: but interesting that you’ve never met one! Do you hear it or come across it on social media or anything like that? (Does it feel like it’s in use, is what I’m trying to get at with that question)

Never [name_u]Easton[/name_u] but I come across some young Westons in recent years.

2 Likes

I haven’t come across one at all! So, no, it doesn’t feel like it’s in use to me and its popularity is pretty surprising! We live in a rodeo town, too, so I’m even more surprised I’ve never heard it considering it definitely gives off “cowboy” vibes.

1 Like

Never met either!!

1 Like

I’ve met a few Easton’s ! A lot of my sports friends have used this name for their sons. I know at least 5!

I only know one [name_m]Weston[/name_m] but I know a few Wes’ [name_u]Wesley[/name_u], Westwood and [name_m]Wesson[/name_m]

1 Like

I have met a few Eastons, but never a [name_m]Weston[/name_m]! I love both but [name_m]Weston[/name_m] is my favorite of the two.

1 Like

I have an Easdon and he gets [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] for short.

1 Like

I have not personally met anyone with either of these names. Looking by state, neither name is in the top 100 in the state I live in, but seem to be disproportionately popular in the south and west (where I do not live). I feel like these names may be currently a more regional trend. I also don’t know a lot of very young children currently, though, and I think these have blown up recently. So since they seem to be trendy names that are somewhat limited to age and region, it’s not improbable that many people wouldn’t realize how popular they are overall.

1 Like

I actually don’t know any people named [name_u]Easton[/name_u] or [name_m]Weston[/name_m]! I like the names though.

1 Like

I don’t think I know either…

1 Like

i’ve met one easton, he’s about 8 now i think, and two westons, one is in college, and one is 5.

i think both are handsome, but i prefer weston. especially with the nn “wes”!

1 Like

I know a little [name_u]Easton[/name_u], although it’s extremely rare here (I’m not in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country). I’ve never met a [name_m]Weston[/name_m].

1 Like