Easton-Kate

HELP PLEASE!!! Middle name for little girl with the first name being [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f]. I love double barrel names but can’t seem to find a middle name that flows well with the name. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!! Thanks a bunch :slight_smile: !

[name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]

Hm
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] ? [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]?
I’d go with something more classic in the middle.

I love [name_f]Kate[/name_f], but I really detest [name_u]Easton[/name_u]. I hate it on boys, but it’s even worse in girls. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

This. It’s even worst as a double barrelled first name.

I have to agree with the pp’s. [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] is quite a mouthful and seems overly complicated. If you really love [name_u]Easton[/name_u], I would go with that as a fn and use [name_f]Kate[/name_f] for the middle.

I agree with the suggestion to go with [name_u]Easton[/name_u] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] as middle, or better [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_u]Easton[/name_u].

Wow! [name_u]Easton[/name_u] is getting a lot of hate here so I need to stick up for one of my top 2 boy names! I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Easton[/name_u]… for a boy… I’m a fan of unisex names and boy names for girls, but I don’t like [name_u]Easton[/name_u] on a girl. Kind of along the lines of [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u] for girls… just a little much. I also love the middle name [name_f]Kate[/name_f] for a girl and it sounds good with just about any first name. If you’re set on using [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f], maybe
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Raine[/name_f]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u]

I had a friend who named her daughter [name_m]Philips[/name_m]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f]… [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] has the same feel. Not my style but to each his own…

I dislike a few things about the name [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f]…and I’ll tell you what they are (even though you didn’t ask - I hope the feedback is helpful and doesn’t come across as rude).

I’m not a huge fan of double names. But, if you must, I’d just do the first part as the first name and the second part as the middle name.

I don’t like hyphens. I think they complicate things (like official forms and stuff) and don’t allow for much flexibility if the person wearing the name ever decides they’d like to just be one name or the other. And as much as a parent thinks they have control over that, they really only do for a few years. Soon the child will decide for themselves.

I dislike the name [name_u]Easton[/name_u]. I don’t like it on a boy because it sounds trendy to me. I really don’t like it on a girl because it sounds trendy and trying a little too hard.

Sorry to provide all of that unsolicited advice. If you love it you probably won’t care if a few other people don’t and that’s just fine. I certainly think everyone should use the name they love and realize not everyone will love all names!

So, my recommendation if you use the name would be to just use [name_u]Easton[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Lastname. If you’re open to other options I might suggest:

[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Lastname
[name_u]Emory[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Lastname
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Lastname
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Lastname
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Lastname

Good luck!

[name_u]Easton[/name_u] is cute, but not my favorite name for a girl. [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] is cute, but it seems like a mouthful, and I see it inevitably getting shortened to something else. If you must use [name_u]Easton[/name_u], I would name your baby [name_u]Easton[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Surname, with [name_f]Kate[/name_f] in the middle. You could always call her [name_u]Easton[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] if you wanted to, but it looks better without the hyphen.

Other similar choices that work better imo.

[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (love this, so cute!)
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (love)
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Peyton[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Lanie[/name_u]/[name_u]Laney[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

I agree boyandgirl’s suggestion of a different name than [name_u]Easton[/name_u]!

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

[name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] is a lovely name :slight_smile: I hear the stress on the first syllable, so I think another three syllable name, but with the stress on the second syllable would flow well. Also since [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] ends in a consonant, I think a middle name that starts with a vowel would sound extra lovely. [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]. Good luck :slight_smile:

I’m surprised by the strong feelings for [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] on here! While [name_u]Easton[/name_u] isn’t something I would have chosen for my own daughter, there’s something attractive, to me, about [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] as a double barrel. Initially I was set aback, especially since I’m into country music right now and am familiar with [name_u]Easton[/name_u] [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] (who makes the name feel even more ultra-masculine, due to the country image?), but I like [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] much more than [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], or [name_u]Finley[/name_u] on a girl.

I would do something feminine and a bit conservative, if she doesn’t like it. [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] was my first idea, but I also like [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]? [name_u]Easton[/name_u]-[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]?