Eden for a boy...

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I were casually discussing baby names when I suggested [name_u]Eden[/name_u] as a first name for a girl - it’s been a love of mine for while. Well he turned about said “[name_u]Eden[/name_u]'s a boy’s names” and I was amazed he actually thought that seeing as he’d kind of nodded to naming a little girl [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. He began explaining that there’s a footballer (soccer) player named [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Hazard[/name_m] but it’s pronounced more as [name_m]Ed[/name_m]-in than ee-duhn…

Anyway, what do you think of [name_u]Eden[/name_u] on a boy?

I used to like the idea of [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], but would consider something like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]? Does it just look girly? If you saw [name_u]Eden[/name_u] written down would you automatically just assume girl? Would it be a bad idea? [name_u]Eden[/name_u] isn’t too far out of the top 100 for girl’s but it also has some usage on boy’s and with the high profile of [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Hazard[/name_m] maybe it is isn’t too far out there?!

I would think of [name_u]Eden[/name_u] more of a girl name but I can see it on a boy too. I know the soccer player your partner is talking of. He plays for [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u] (my favorite team), which is why I may be able to see it on a boy.

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is so handsome!

Yes, I love [name_u]Eden[/name_u] for a boy. I initially thought of it as a girl name but my mom said it was a boy name when she was growing up. Now I see it as a totally unisex place name. It’s on both my boy and girl list. There are a lot of Spanish speakers where I live and it’s pronounced ‘eh-din’ like the footballer

I’ve heard [name_u]Eden[/name_u] tossed around for a boy a few times (especially with the [name_m]ED[/name_m]-in prn.), and I don’t hate it. I like it much better for a girl, but that’s probably because there is an unbelievably adorable little girl in my church named [name_f]Edyn[/name_f] “[name_f]Edie[/name_f]”. I really like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]! [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] especially, but I think [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] are really cool together, for some reason.

I do automatically think “girl” when I see [name_u]Eden[/name_u] (I don’t know that that will ever change!), but I’m not opposed to meeting a little boy with the name. I think it’s a cool name for either gender, honestly…