eden wren... what do you think????

See the results of this poll: Middle Name for Eden?

Respondents: 11 (This poll is closed)

• Eden Wren: 3 (27%)
  • Eden Sage: 2 (18%)
  • Eden Ivy: 1 (9%)
  • Eden Cate: 3 (27%)
  • Eden Ruby: 2 (18%)

Actually, [name]Eden[/name] [name]Wren[/name] works for me. The rhyming didn’t even register at first, perhaps because I tend to swallow the ‘en’ in [name]Eden[/name] so they sound different. But I think it’s going to depend on your last name to be really sure. Can you give us a similar name to your surname? As for now, I’d strike [name]Eden[/name] [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Ruby[/name].

Our last name is 3 syllables and starts with Mc.

You’re right, the ‘en’s’ are pronounced a bit differently… hmm… I might be able to get away with it :slight_smile:

OK, then yes. I think [name]Eden[/name] [name]Wren[/name] McSomething sounds really nice. My next choice would be [name]Eden[/name] [name]Sage[/name], but this makes it at tad more new-age and less sweet. I don’t love [name]Eden[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Eden[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] as much because I think the 2-1-3 cadence sounds nicer than the 2-2-3. [name]Eden[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is just more run-of-the mill and edges into trendy.

I do think [name]EdEN[/name] [name]WrEN[/name] is awkward. [name]Eden[/name] [name]Cate[/name] provides the needed balance of different consonant sounds to make a pretty, easy to say name.