Edgar A. Guest

You probably know of the quote by [name]Edgar[/name] A. Guest that says this:
“I”d like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me. I”d like to be the sort of help you”ve always been glad to be. I”d like to mean as much to you each minute of the day, as you have meant old friend of mine, to me along the way.”
I have decided to use this quote for the basis of a story. A story that follows the tumultuous relationship between two girls, [name]Chelsea[/name] and ________.
[name]Chelsea[/name] is defined as “perfect” by her friend, the narrator. People seem to flock to her when they need someone to talk to or someone to listen as they spill their heart out. The narrator states that while these qualities make their friendship, they also break it.
I am in need of a name for my narrator aka one of two main characters in this story. The girl doesn’t view herself as a person unless she has [name]Chelsea[/name] by her side. She doesn’t see what other people do, that they think she is just [name]Chelsea[/name]'s shadow. While she knows there is more depth to their relationship than that, she almost doesn’t want to believe it.
I want her name to flow with [name]Chelsea[/name], to sound as though they were meant to be together. I was thinking a name popular in the 1995 range, because I think I want them to be around 15. I was originally thinking [name]Amanda[/name], which I love with [name]Chelsea[/name], but now I’m not so sure. I don’t need middle names and I don’t want “typical” quirky Nameberry names. I want popular.
Thank you so much in advance. I really think I can make this story great and I want the names to match!

I was born in 1995, so I’ll list some of the more popular names in my grade:

[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Maddie[/name] ([name]Madeleine[/name] or [name]Madison[/name])
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Katie[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] (lots of those!)
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clare[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Megan[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]

And the top 20 for 1995:

[name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Brittany[/name]
[name]Amanda[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Kayla[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Megan[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Stephanie[/name]
[name]Courtney[/name]
[name]Jennifer[/name]
[name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]

I think [name]Emma[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], and [name]Victoria[/name] sound best with [name]Chelsea[/name].

how about…
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Ally[/name]
[name]Ericka[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Abby[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
hope this helps!

I like your story idea. Off of Lemonlime’s list I’m picking [name]Emily[/name]. I think it sounds good with [name]Chelsea[/name]. :slight_smile: