Edith: Super Old or Ready for Revival?

Edith is already coming back in style. The movie despicable me and celebrity babies have definitely boosted its popularity. I think [name_f]Edith[/name_f] sounds good next to a name that’s not too dated and not too modern like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Amalie[/name_f] or [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]!!

I think [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is definitely ready for a revival - it’s already begun to have it! It’s a gorgeous, roaring twenties-esque name that I’d be thrilled to see getting use in 2021. The meaning is amazingly strong, but the name itself has a sweet vintage charm as well.

Two things - first, the popularity of Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u] and the character [name_f]Lady[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] refreshed the name in my mind, and I think most people would more easily be able to see it on a child/young woman thanks to this. The other thing is the rising popularity of [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as a name. Since [name_f]Keira[/name_f] Knightley’s daughter [name_f]Edie[/name_f] Righton was born 5 years ago, I’ve been seeing this grow and grow. Parents who really like [name_f]Edie[/name_f] may choose [name_f]Edith[/name_f] as a long form.

I definitely don’t think it’s too old fashioned! In terms of the 100 Year Cycle of names, it’s right on time, having started to drop from it’s heights around 1920. Perfect time to use it.

From your combos, I like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] best - such an interesting mixture of vintage and modern!

Josephine is about the same on the timeline of popularity! Also a 1920s name. It’s very elegant and has a shimmering, angelic sound. [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] flows really beautifully. I like it better than [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f], personally.

I know a few small Edies! I’d say definitely ready for a revival, if not underway already.

Edith is my daughter’s name!!! Her middle name is [name_m]Aaren[/name_m] and we call her [name_f]Edie[/name_f]! Best name ever!

I love [name_f]Edith[/name_f]! It’s in the grandma/great grandma range which makes it fresh and absolutely perfect for revival. I think you were on to something with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f], but if you switch it to [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] it’s a real stunner!

Edith nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is already becoming quite popular. I like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] as a first name, but middle names are not really my style. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is really gorgeous!

1 Like

I personally think of [name_f]Edith[/name_f] as Super Old, but I know it’s really coming around for a lot of people these days!

Of your combos, I really like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Kaylor[/name_u], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f], & [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]!! :two_hearts:

1 Like