Edith

I’ve been loving [name]Edith[/name]/[name]Edie[/name] for a good while now and can’t decide which combo I like best. Would you folks help me pick one? Review these and tell me which is your favorite, please!

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bertille[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Malu[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Viola[/name] Petronel
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] Loveday
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Pomeline
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Lenore[/name]

What do you think? Normally I’d blog about these but I’m just not in the mood today to bog people down with [name]Edith[/name] yet again. So I thought I’d toss them out here! I’d welcome any thoughts!

I adore [name]Edith[/name] with the nn [name]Edie[/name] (I know one that was born just a few days ago!). Of your combos, my favorite based on flow alone would have to be [name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]”it just sounds so lovely. I’m also loving [name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] and [name]Edith[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]. [name]Bluebell[/name] is too cute!

These are all nice, but there are some I especially love:
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bertille[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]-love, this feels really old fashioned.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]-love, very soft.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Malu[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]-super love! I love the rhythm of it.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Viola[/name] Petronel
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] Loveday
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Pomeline-really love, like a ruby apple.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]-love, especially [name]Mary[/name] with [name]Bluebell[/name]. Reminds me of an English meadow.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Lenore[/name]-love because I love “The [name]Raven[/name]” so much! And I really like the way [name]Romilly[/name] starts with an “r” like raven and then the next name is [name]Lenore[/name]. I think this one is my fave. I think [name]Lenore[/name] needs to come back in style! Right now!

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Lenore[/name] is DIVINE!

I love, love [name]Edie[/name]…I am still undecided about [name]Edith[/name], but your combos just gave her major points in my book!

Now that I look at your list again, I also love [name]Edith[/name] [name]Viola[/name] Petronel. Names often grow on me. By tomorrow I will probably just love every name on the list.

[name]Edith[/name]. Hmm… I really like the nickname [name]Edie[/name], but for me, [name]Edith[/name] will forever be [name]Edith[/name] Bunker from All In The Family. :slight_smile:

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bertille[/name]: I like the [name]Edith[/name] [name]Alice[/name] part of the name, but you lost me at [name]Bertille[/name]!

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]: I love the flow of [name]Esme[/name] [name]Violetta[/name].

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]: I really like the [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] combination…

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Malu[/name] [name]Violet[/name]: Not a fan of [name]Malu[/name]…

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]: I really like this combination, and would love [name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], too!

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Viola[/name] Petronel: [name]Love[/name] [name]Viola[/name], but not Petronel, as it reminds me of petroleum…

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] Loveday: This has a nice flow…

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Pomeline: I’m not liking the “b” sound in [name]Ruby[/name] followed by the “P” of Pomeline.

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]: I’m not a fan of this combination, but would have liked [name]Edith[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name].

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]: I really like this one, [name]Lola[/name].

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Lenore[/name]: Too “L-heavy” for me.

My favorites, in order:
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]

Is [name]Maud[/name] gone?

1. [name]Edith[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] Loveday- such a lovely flow, and Loveday is just so sweet… this combo makes me feel all dreamy, i love it!
  2. [name]Edith[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]- absolutely love [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Bluebell[/name] next to each other! This one is so happy!
  3. [name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]- [name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] is gorgeous, not sure if [name]Pearl[/name] is the best with them, though… i like [name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] Loveday
  4. [name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Pomeline- something really nice about this one, can’t put my finger on it though!

Hmm, put me in a strong but vocal minority who prefer [name]Edith[/name] to [name]Edie[/name]. I have no Bunker associations, having never seen a single episode of the show. For me [name]Edith[/name] is pretty and dainty and refined, ” la [name]Edith[/name] [name]Wharton[/name], and my niece’s adorable grandmother. [name]Edie[/name], on the other hand, is [name]Edie[/name] McClurg to me-- call it the “[name]Ferris[/name] [name]Bueller[/name]” factor.

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bertille[/name]-- I do like [name]Bertille[/name], but the combination just doesn’t flow for me
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]-- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Esme[/name]. I’d probably go for [name]Violet[/name] over [name]Violetta[/name].
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]-- adorable.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Malu[/name] [name]Violet[/name]-- the [name]Malu[/name] distracts from [name]Edith[/name] and steals all her thunder.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]-- cute, but I’m almost on [name]Ruby[/name] overkill these days.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Viola[/name] Petronel-- lovely
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] Loveday-- love [name]Isobel[/name], but Loveday isn’t working for me; it feels made up.
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Pomeline-- Pomeline is fabulous, but again, I think I’m just burned out on [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]-- thumbs down for [name]Bluebell[/name].
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]-- [name]Zenobia[/name] doesn’t do anything for me; I prefer [name]Zelda[/name] or [name]Zara[/name] for cool Z names. I keep hearing “Nubian” in [name]Zenobia[/name]. Also, EZ as initials might be troublesome. (I have a friend whose initials spell OAF and another’s who spell WAK.)
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Lenore[/name]-- great sound, but something about [name]Romilly[/name] is nagging at me-- there’s some association I have with the name that I can’t place. Hmm…

My favorites here are [name]Edith[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Violetta[/name] and [name]Edith[/name] [name]Viola[/name] Petronel.

Thanks Gang!

olivegreen, consider your vote for [name]Edith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] counted! as well as seconds ERE & EMB.

[name]Susan[/name], you kill me! [name]Edith[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Lenore[/name] is definitley one of my favorites. But I like your reasons for all of them! :smiley: [name]Edith[/name] [name]Viola[/name] Petronel is easily anther favorite of mine.

ielah, Thanks! Vote counted!

[name]Jill[/name], [name]Edith[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is one of his! [name]Zenobia[/name] & [name]Zuleika[/name] are the two he’d name her if I wasn’t around. He kills me! :stuck_out_tongue: Votes counted. And no, [name]Maud[/name]'s still around. #1, [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. Easily staying there. I had thought [name]Maud[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] Rupinder but even she can’t hold a candle to [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] for me!

[name]Lyndsay[/name], consider yours counted as well. EIL, EMB & E [name]Ruby[/name] P with E [name]Rosalie[/name] P in fourth.

[name]Melissa[/name], thanks! Consider them counted! If you remember that connection with [name]Romilly[/name], let me know. Because I’ve been trying to find a place for it for three years now and I think this is my favorite of the [name]Romilly[/name]'s (except for [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]). Too bad about you & [name]Ruby[/name]. I’m using it to honor me (who always wanted to be [name]Cleopatra[/name]!) since [name]Ruby[/name] is my birthstone. Beats using [name]July[/name] in my book!
I did end up blogging about these today becuase oddly enough, every combo for me is associated with a type of music so I sat down, thought it out and listed them all. Not sure of anyone’ll bother but it’s there and I feel better now. :slight_smile: Had to comment on [name]Edith[/name]/[name]Edie[/name] for a sec. [name]Edith[/name] is all [name]Wharton[/name] to me, Although [name]Edith[/name] Bunker just makes it more endearing. She may have been a 'dingbat" but such a sweet one. I loved her as a kid. And [name]Edie[/name]? I love [name]Edie[/name] McClurg, but [name]Edie[/name] to me is [name]Edie[/name] Brickell. She who married [name]Paul[/name] [name]Simon[/name]. Yeah. I loved her way back when; I mean musically. :wink: So both work beautifully for me and I have little to no fear of anything with [name]Edith[/name]/[name]Edie[/name]. I think she’s awesome and could easily trail [name]Maud[/name] if I find the right combo.

With us, He gets final say for the boys, I get final say for the girls. But we’re trying to work our individual ideas together so we’re both at least happy with whatever the other one picks. It’s a bit flawed but untimately what works for the two of us.

[name]Lola[/name], I seriously don’t know how you’ll find anything more elegant and beautiful than [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. That name is perfect in every way, and I love it so much! At first, I didn’t like [name]India[/name], but I’ve come to adore it as an integral part of this combo.

I really did like the [name]Zenobia[/name] part of the [name]Edith[/name] combination, as I think it’s an interesting middle name. [name]Tina[/name] [name]Fey[/name] used it for her daughter, [name]Alice[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name], with [name]Zenobia[/name] being named after [name]Tina[/name]'s mom. I believe [name]Zenobia[/name] is Greek (her mom is Greek).

What’s your number one name for a little boy these days? (If you don’t want to share it due the whole [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] trauma, that’s totally understandable!)

His pick is [name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name]. Mine is [name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]. We argue over these two a lot! :smiley:

Funny though, you’re thinking like I am about [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. I even think she’s pretty darn perfect next to [name]Josephine[/name] Rosamel [name]Anne[/name].

I went to my hair stylist’s yesterday and met her Australian sheepdog [name]Rufus[/name]. He is so cute! He has little tufts of hair growing between his toes. I just love the name [name]Rufus[/name]. [name]Remy[/name] is wonderful, too. So soft and also very handsome. [name]Rufus[/name] seems more feisty!

I keep thinking about [name]Edith[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] Loveday, she’s soo gorgeous! I think you said she was bluesy? Thinking of her that way just makes her even more cool. I really, really love this one!