Edith

All of the sudden…I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Edith[/name].

Like out of the blue. Completely, I didn’t hear it on someone new, I’ve always known about it. But today I was thinking about names, and then I thought “[name]Edith[/name].” It goes perfectly with my style, sort of vintage-y old. ([name]Alice[/name], [name]Clarissa[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Hank[/name]) But I never thought about it before.
I didn’t hate it, didn’t love it. and now I am just adoring it!

WDYT? Potential middle names? And has any name ever just popped up randomly that became your favorite?

I actually really like it. It’s a family name for me (my aunt’s middle name) and I’ve always kind of liked the idea of it. I don’t think I’d use it because it doesn’t really go with my other children’s names, but I think it’s nice - it’s kind of old sounding, I guess. But it’s definitely usable. Especially because of the nickname [name]Edie[/name] - I think that’s really cute. I think [name]Edith[/name] itself has a pretty sound to it too. For middle names, I’d go with something long and feminine, and probably ending with an -a sound. [name]Edith[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] popped into my head, but I don’t know.

I think it’ll make a comeback eventually. Maybe not too soon, but I do think people will rediscover it.

I love [name]Edith[/name]. It’s so sweet and charming. I would definitely consider it for my own baby if it wasn’t just awful with the surname.

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Calista[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]

I love the name [name]Edith[/name], it’s a beautiful name and [name]Edie[/name] is a great potential nickname.

[name]Edith[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Edith[/name] is lovely.

I agree…I love [name]Edith[/name], and the [name]Edie[/name] nickname makes it even more adorable.

This is one of my favorite names—literary, underused, classy, not frilly, and with a cute nickname. What could be better? I would be using it for my daughter if I didn’t have a baby [name]Edward[/name] ([name]Eddie[/name]) already…