Edmund & Esmé - ok for siblings?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

Seeking advice! Hubby and I are set on Esmé if bubs is a girl.

I love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] for a boy but don’t know if [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and Esmé as a sibset is too matchy-matchy (or too “Twilight”)?

If we have a son first, I dont want to use [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and then not get to use [name_f]Esme[/name_f] for a future daughter.

Your opinions are much appreciated!

I don’t think the twilight association is a big deal. I’m more likely to associate [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] with [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]. They do sound a little similar, but I don’t think they’re too matchy to work. I like them both :slight_smile:

I love Esmé and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] together!

I love both of these names! I think they make a gorgeous sib-set!

I think Esmé and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] work well as names for siblings. I did not think of Twilight until it was mentioned. I feel that the Twilight phenomenon is over at this point.

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and Esmé are lovely together. There isn’t an [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] in Twilight (that I remember), and I agree that phenomenon seems to be over.

I think it would be too Twilight if you went with [name_m]Edward[/name_m], but [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is more [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] to me!

I think they are fine together!

I, and many others, never read Twilight or saw the movies. It’s not a series that is going to endure forever, and as others mentioned, its popularity is already pretty much over.

The names [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and Esmé, on the other hand, are attractive, classical names that will long outlive any pop culture association. They match a little bit, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. You can also give them a different feel using middle names if you’re worried about it.

I think it’s fine.

Personally I prefer if siblings didn’t share initials, but I don’t see any reason other that why [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] don’t work together.

I think they work nicely. I’m jealous; my husband doesn’t like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]:frowning:

Matching initials is a little too cutesy for me personally, but, twilight is so done, [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is not [name_m]Edward[/name_m], and by the time they get older, their peers probably won’t even make that connection. I think they’re fine.

I like it, they go well together!