Edmund vs. Edward

See the results of this poll: Which is your favourite?

Respondents: 72 (This poll is closed)

• Edmund : 49 (68%)
  • Edward : 23 (32%)
  • Other (write in comments): 0 (0%)

I far prefer [name_m]Edward[/name_m].

I prefer [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] out of the two.

I really like [name_m]Edward[/name_m], but I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]. I love the clunky, Anglo-[name_m]Saxon[/name_m] vibe it has. I’m also a sucker for names from my favourite children’s books, and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] of course has the connection to The Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f].

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], but the reason I hesitate to actually use it one day is that I don’t like “[name_m]Ed[/name_m]”. I wonder if there would be any way to avoid the nickname.

I think [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is far from being international, that’s why there are so many variants of it ([name_m]Edvard[/name_m], [name_m]Eduard[/name_m], Édouard, [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m]), however, I do really like the name!
[name_m]Eduard[/name_m] is charming as well and I think it does work a lot better internationally.

I do love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], while I mainly think of names in English, I do make sure that I don’t dislike them in [name_m]German[/name_m], I think with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], the pronunciation can change a lot depending on the language your children might grow up with; personally I love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] in [name_m]German[/name_m] but I did listen to it in other languages and I very much disliked it, so depending on which languages you’re working with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]'s pronunciation changes a lot more than [name_m]Eduard[/name_m]'s.

I adore [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is lovely too but just a bit stuffier.

Definitely [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. The name [name_m]Edmund[/name_f] has bad associations for me.

I like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], and also love [name_m]Edwin[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] much more than [name_m]Edward[/name_m], it’s interesting and a bit more unusual. I also really love the character [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] from the Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]!

I like both [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]! We considered [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] but SO felt it was too strongly identified with [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] in our social circles. :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and its [name_m]French[/name_m] variant [name_m]Edmond[/name_m]!

I like both, but much prefer [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] clearly wins the poll! Very interesting as I thought [name_m]Edward[/name_m] was more popular. Thanks for all votes + comments!

@adelina, I’m glad to see someone else likes [name_m]Eduard[/name_m]. I also think it’s a bit softer than [name_m]Edward[/name_m].

@ophelia, I guess when I said ‘international’ I meant because it has several variations :slight_smile: I should have clarified that better.

All the Best :slight_smile: