Edna Delaney

My friend just announced her baby girl to the world today…[name]Edna[/name] [name]Delaney[/name]! They had kept the name a secret, which I now understand why (I am sure some people would have reacted negatively to their choice). It is not the name for me, but it is fun to see someone using [name]Edna[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think this name could actually make a comeback?

While I prefer [name]Edith[/name] or [name]Edwina[/name], [name]Edna[/name] is certainly a bold choice. With names like [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] gaining in popularity, it’s quite possible that [name]Edna[/name] could be chosen more frequently in the future as well. I do like the fact that they softened the old-fashioned [name]Edna[/name] with the more modern surname [name]Delaney[/name]. The old and new are all contained in the pairing. I applaud their choice.

Well, they certainly ‘outhipped the hipsters,’ didn’t they? :wink:

I prefer [name]Edith[/name] as well, but [name]Edna[/name] is definitely an interesting choice.

I can see [name]Edna[/name] making somewhat of a comeback…even more so if they nickname her [name]Edie[/name]. Congrats to them :slight_smile:

Haha, yep. I like the vintage name trend, but people are having to reach further and further into the realm of clunky and fusty in their search for ‘so uncool it’s cool.’ I feel bad saying that because my grandmom is [name]Edna[/name]. If anyone said they were naming a child after her, I’m pretty sure she’d call them crazy :wink:

I’m not a fan of [name]Delaney[/name], but I really like [name]Edna[/name]. I’m all for old lady names. DD’s name is [name]Grace[/name] [name]Patricia[/name]- which is as vintage as DH would allow. (If he didn’t care, I’d name another daughter [name]Agatha[/name] [name]Imogene[/name] in a heartbeat.) I think that [name]Edna[/name] could make a huge comeback- especially with the [name]Edie[/name] nickname.