Edward or Alfred - Votes Please!

I’m personally a big fan of [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]! I think this name just feels so warm and approachable, not stuffy to me personally. I find nickname [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] rather sweet and adds further to that approachable feeling.

[name_m]Edward[/name_m] isn’t my favorite [name_m]Ed[/name_m]- name ([name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] are tops in my book) but is a perfectly fine name.

2 Likes

Alfred is really cool!

2 Likes

Edward get my vote.

I will say my hubby has an Uncle [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] FIL is also [name_m]Albert[/name_m] and everyone just calls them both [name_m]Al[/name_m]. So if it’s the nn [name_m]Fred[/name_m]/ [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] that your sold on I’d pick a different name that would default to that easier.

1 Like

I prefer just plain [name_m]Fred[/name_m] or [name_u]Freddy[/name_u]/Freddie. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not a fan of [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]- it does seem too stuffy to me.

Harriet & [name_m]Fred[/name_m] would be gorgeous

1 Like

I like [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] with the nn [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] (or [name_u]Red[/name_u]!)

3 Likes

I prefer [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]! It seems fresher and matches well with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. I know quite a few Edwards, and I ultimately prefer [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

2 Likes

Both would work great with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], but I prefer [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] and its nicknames! I don’t think it’s any more stuffy than [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is personally.

2 Likes

Alfred, with no doubts!

2 Likes

I prefer [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Ned[/name_m] is such a sweet nickname - perfect with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]/Hattie/Harry! Like @katinka I prefer [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] to [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] and love the nickname [name_m]Wilf[/name_m].

2 Likes

I think either. I actually know lots of Alfreds nn. [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] age 0-10

Harriet and [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] is gorgeous

As is [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m]

I think I prefer [name_f]Harrie[/name_f] and [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] to [name_f]Harrie[/name_f] and [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] though

1 Like

Edward!!!

1 Like

Alfred and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] are perfect together! I love all the nicknames for [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], especially [name_m]Fred[/name_m]/Freddie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It depends on where you’re from. I’d say that in the USA, where I live, [name_m]Ed[/name_m]/Eddie would be the most common nickname for [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Al[/name_m]/Alfie would be the most common nickname for [name_m]Alfred[/name_m].

2 Likes

I live in the US and have never met an [name_m]Alfred[/name_m].
I think it’s about time the name is revived it feels really fresh to me. [name_m]Edward[/name_m] makes me think of [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] and like others said, I prefer [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]. [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] are both super cute. And I feel like the names [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] are made for each other. Hard choice because opinions seem to be down the middle. It would be interesting to see a poll on who is from the USA and UK and how that affects their preference.

2 Likes

Edward!

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_m]Ted[/name_m], [name_m]Ward[/name_m] or [name_m]Eddy[/name_m] are cute nicknames for [name_m]Edward[/name_m] too. [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] are cute together.

I do love [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] too but I prefer [name_m]Edward[/name_m] personally. Also I think if you ever have another child you could always use [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] then.

Good luck!!

1 Like

Wow, thanks everyone! This is so evenly divided! I’ve just done a count and the votes are right down the middle. So far 16 for [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and 17 for [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]…haha how do we decide?!

2 Likes

You might just have to take both names with you to delivery! I feel like if anything, this comment section shows that they’re both great choices. So it ultimately might come down to little things like which name you think sounds better with the middle you plan to use. Or you might just have to meet the little guy first and see which name feels right.

2 Likes

Alfred

1 Like