Effie

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

I’m interested in honoring my grandmother, [name]Euphemia[/name], but I’m not all that fond of the name.
I think the nn [name]Effie[/name] is quite sweet, but i can’t think of any other full names to get to it. Any ideas??

Also, what do u think of [name]Effie[/name]?

Well I actually like [name]Euphemia[/name] but I can so why it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. [name]Effie[/name] is great, spunky but still substantial.

Besides [name]Euphemia[/name], I can’t think of too many others off the top of my head but what about just using a name that starts with ‘F’? Then you’ve got the sound at the start and the name can be any ‘F’ name you like.

OR the initial E.F? OR [name]Stephanie[/name]. It just came to me.

• anon.

I love [name]Effie[/name]! It could work as a nn for any first and middle combination F____ E____. It is also sometimes used as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name], and could be a nn for :
[name]Efigenia[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Stephanie[/name].

At a stretch you could probably do [name]Delphine[/name]/a or [name]Seraphine[/name]/a, too.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

Since it’s basically F with a nicknamey eee sound you could really make it work for any name you like the starts with an F, or like other people mentioned anything with and ef or eph sound in it like [name]Josephine[/name].

I also have been trying to think of a name [name]Effie[/name] could be short for as i really like it. But have only come up with what the posters above me have…Either going with Euphamia which also would honor my sister [name]Mia[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], Using an F name- like [name]Fiona[/name] or just going with [name]Effie[/name] on its own. Well I’ve got plenty of time to think about, not having children just yet, sorry I couldn’t be more help. Except to say that I think it’s a great name :slight_smile:

I love [name]Effie[/name], too! Although I would definitely use it as a nickname and not a full name. The posters above have great suggestions. I like [name]Seraphina[/name] with [name]Effie[/name] for short the best!

I love the nn [name]Effie[/name]! I’m a fan of [name]Euphemia[/name], but I know it’s a bit much for a lot of people. I like the suggestions of [name]Persephone[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Both[/name] would be lovely with the nn [name]Effie[/name]. [name]Stephanie[/name] or the more exotic [name]Stefania[/name] or [name]Estefani[/name]/[name]Estefania[/name] would work as well. There’s also [name]Nephele[/name] and [name]Zephyr[/name] if you’re into greek/mythological names. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!