Effie?

Is [name_f]Effie[/name_f] really old-fashion name ?

I wouldn’t say it was old fashioned, but it does remind me of Greece and the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants character.

I like the sound of it, but worry it is too close to ‘ef off’ jokes.

I wouldn’t say so. It just reminds me of [name_f]Effie[/name_f] Trinket (Hunger Games), but otherwise it’s a lovely vintage name. I actually really like it now I think about it.

Yes and no, it is old fashioned, but it was used as a nn for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] on the tv programme Skins, and in The Hunger Games. I think [name_f]Effie[/name_f] is beautiful!

I really like this name! It sounds vintage and I’ve only heard it once or twice. I think it is an old-fashioned name.

I think [name_f]Effie[/name_f] is ready for a comeback :slight_smile:

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_f]Effy[/name_f]/[name_f]Effie[/name_f]. It reminds me of the character [name_f]Effy[/name_f] Stonem from the British tv show Skins. (In her case, it was a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f])

Yes, it is old-fashioned. It isn’t old-fashioned as in unusable though (think [name_f]Bertha[/name_f]), I think it fits in with vintage gems such as [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. It also reminds me of the Hunger Games.