Efthalia?

Curious to hear opinions on an old Greek name Efthalia pronounced (ef-ta-lee-a). Was reaching back into the family tree and came across this one (DH’s great-grandmother) and thought it was interesting. Is it usable? Is it “too much name” (hefty 4 syllables)? Would you have to take the “h” out (Eftalia) for pronunciation sake?

Thanks!

Hmmm, that is a new one for me. I had no idea where to start when I saw it, but once I learned how it is pronounced, I like it. I think I would remove the ‘h’ for pronunciation sake, though — I didn’t quite know what to do with it. But that is just me. I also think it looks less hefty as Eftalia. [name]Talia[/name] would be a cute nn!

I think it’s beautiful. Some good nickname options make it more usable:

[name]Effie[/name]
Eftie
[name]Thalia[/name]
Thali
[name]Lia[/name]

I’m used to [name]Thalia[/name] spelled this way, so pronunciation is no issue for me.

I think it’s a lovely, melodic name with some solid nickname possibilities, and a bonus that it also has family significance.

Thats so nice to hear positive feedback. [name]Love[/name] the nickname options listed as well…I think my favorites are [name]Effie[/name] and Thali, and I was also thinking [name]Lilou[/name] (I know this is a stretch, but its the first thing that came to mind!)…Eftalia nn [name]Lilou[/name]