Egg Babies

I was thinking today about Home Ec class in middle school, whnn we all had to carry hard boiled eggs and keep them safe for a day, as our “babies”.

My beautiful little Egg was named [name]Stella[/name]. I can’t recall why, but my 13 yr old self loved it.

Did anyone else do anything similar in Home Ec?

(I hope this wasn’t a thread already. I didn’t take the time to look!)

Aww, I remember the egg babies. I had twin girls called [name]Gillian[/name] and [name]Ryan[/name]. (I know! My only excuse for [name]Ryan[/name] is that there was a girl in homeroom with the name, and she was awesome. This was also before I had a male cousin with the name.) [name]Ryan[/name]'s not on my list now, but [name]Gillian[/name] definitely is. :slight_smile:

[name]Alexis[/name]

I had to do that too, except for a week not a day. I named mine [name]Schuyler[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. This was in 1992 so way before [name]Schuyler[/name] turned to [name]Skyler[/name]/[name]Skylar[/name], and everybody was like what?. haha I was way ahead of the trend. :slight_smile: I don’t remember where I heard it, but I loved it then.

I never had an egg baby but in the Childhood Studies class I took in high school I got one of those mechanical babies that judge how you take care of them and they wake up in the night.

I got one of the boy dolls and named him [name]Brayden[/name] cause that was my favorite boy name at the time.

We had flour babies and I recall having one in 8th grade and then again in 10th.

In 8th grade I had a girl called [name]Ali[/name]-[name]Roxanne[/name] and then my 10th grade one was a boy called [name]Cupid[/name]. :lol: