🌸 eileithyia's self care guide

Hi all!

I’ve been considering making this topic for a while. It simultaneously acts as a guide for myself and a guide for anyone else who needs it. I understand that self care is a very personal thing and what works for me might not work for you, but I hope that at least one person can find something helpful in this master list.

Please feel free to comment your personal self care tips if you have anything to add. I’m sure I’ve missed so many things.

These are all things that you can hopefully do at home and in lockdown!

1. Make a niche themed name list ☼
    • Some ideas: names that remind me of my childhood, names inspired by my best friends, names inspired by summer evenings, names inspired by my childhood bedroom, names inspired by my career, names inspired by my passion
  2. Call your parents / friends ☼
  3. Practice meditation / yoga ☼
    • There are so many Youtube guides out there!
  4. Practice your faith ☼
    • Whether you’re Muslim, Christian, Pagan, Buddhist or other, there is always reason to grow and expand in your faith.
  5. Delete social media ☼
    • For a day, a week, however long suits you.
  6. Clear out old photos / apps on your phone
    • Clear space, clear mind.
  7. Cuddle a loved one, an animal, or a hot water bottle ☼
  8. Do a fanciful makeup look or hairstyle for no reason ☼
    • I suggest finding tutorials on Youtube, or even just playing around and being creative!
  9. Do a short workout ☼
  10. Do some deep breathing exercises ☼
    • There are GIFS to help you online, and Youtube videos explaining the benefits!
  11. Doodle or draw a picture ☼
    • Everyone is an artist!
  12. Make yourself a tea or coffee ☼
    • Peppermint is my personal favourite.
  13. Eat a piece of fruit ☼
  14. Have a solo dance party ☼
  15. Leave kind compliments online ☼
  16. Listen to an uplifting playlist ☼
  17. Make yourself a smoothie ☼
    • Find a recipe on Pinterest!
  18. Make Pinterest boards inspired by your goals ☼
  19. Make themed music playlists ☼
  20. File and paint your nails ☼
  21. Plan an unrealistic vacation, just for fun ☼
    • Maybe one day you’ll get to go on it!
  22. Read a chapter of a book you’ve been meaning to read ☼
  23. Research a random, unfamiliar topic ☼
    • Find a random article on Wikipedia - start there!
  24. Donate your old clothing items
  25. Sing karaoke - alone or with friends ☼
    • Find a karaoke channel on Youtube.
  26. Sit outside ☼
    • Just sit. Don’t do anything else. Appreciate the fresh air.
  27. Take a hot shower ☼
    • Shave your body and wash your hair if you prefer. Or just feel the hot water on your back.
  28. Watch your comfort movie or show ☼
    • My comfort shows are Total Drama Island / Rick and Morty.
  29. Watch a TED talk ☼
  30. Watch the sunset or sunrise ☼
    • Without your phone!
  31. Write a letter to a friend you’ve lost touch with ☼
  32. Write a letter to your future self or future child ☼
  33. Write a poem or a story ☼
  34. Put on your comfiest clothes ☼
  35. Do your skincare routine ☼
    • Or create one if you don’t have one!
  36. Create a vision board for your future ☼
  37. Go for a long walk by yourself ☼
  38. Stretch your body ☼
  39. Adopt a new hobby that you’ve been thinking of for a while ☼
  40. Do Baby Name Games on Nameberry ☼
    • If you’re feeling drained and don’t want to talk to people but still want to be involved on Nameberry, this is a great way to go about it!
  41. Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual ☼
  42. Reconsider / set up your daily routine ☼
  43. Create a weekly budget ☼
  44. Tidy your bedroom / home ☼
  45. Toss out expired cosmetic / food products ☼
    • In that same vein, wash your makeup and hair brushes!
  46. Brush and floss your teeth ☼
  47. Take a short, refreshing nap ☼
  48. Unfollow people online who don’t make you feel positive. ☼
  49. Write in a journal ☼
    • Write anything you want. It’s your space.
  50. Do that little task you’ve been avoiding for ages. ☼
    • I promise that you’ll feel better when it’s done.

Thank you for reading! I wanted to also say that I know self care isn’t simple. It’s easy for me to write a list, but I don’t want you to feel overwhelmed by it. Self care isn’t always bubble baths and face masks, sometimes it’s getting up and having a shower after being bed bound and living off caffeine for five days.

That’s okay, that’s normal. It’s cool that self care is becoming more socially accepted, however self care shouldn’t be this massive Instagrammable thing. It completely contradicts the purpose of self care in the first place!

I know that sometimes the little tasks on lists like this will feel impossible, and that’s okay too. Sometimes if all you can bring yourself to do is wake up and drink water, I understand. I’ve been there. We just have to take things one step at a time. I think at the end of the day, the best self care is whatever keeps our physical, mental, spiritual, and social wellbeing at their peak. This is completely different for every person.

Above anything on this list, the best self care is discovering and utilising what makes your body, mind, and soul sing.

Much love,

Eileithyia ☼

bfad9d51998b9a3352a26a8a5210a207

45 Likes

I can not thank you enough for doing this it’s so kind and thoughtful it really is going to help me so much. I’m about to make myself a smoothie before I go to training I wasn’t going to but this made me realise I need to eat something before I train for fuel to care for myself! Thank you so much,
Much love to you too!!! :white_heart:

I love this guide, thank you for taking the time to make it! I might try the vision board tonight. :heart:

This is fantastic! Thank you for this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I never would have thought about writing a letter to a future child, but that’s such a sweet thing to do and look back on :purple_heart:

This is beautiful. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for doing this Stella!!! :heart:

These are so lovely :yellow_heart::yellow_heart: I find myself practicing several of these already — reading a bit each day, only going on social media on the weekends, keeping things tidy, etc. One of my favorites, especially in the saga of online learning, has been to go for long walks when it’s sunny to give myself a break from the computer screen!

Thank you for making this topic; I’m sure it’s one I’ll come back to :heart:

I absolutely need this right now, thank you [name_f]Thea[/name_f] :green_heart:

Thank you so much for posting this! I’ll make sure to remember to come back to it next time I’m feeling down :heart: :heart: :heart:

You are awesome! Thank you so much for creating and sharing this with us. I plan to try out some of these this week. :slight_smile:

Really really really appreciate this. I’ll be coming back to it. [name_m]Bless[/name_m] you!

this is amazing :heart: thank you so much !

This is a great list, thank you! :slight_smile:

It is incredibly ironic that I made this list five days before my country went into a lockdown

3 Likes