Eisa

[name]Both[/name] my husband and I used to be dancers so I loved the blog about dance names! I’d also love to see one with the names of dancers! (Unless I’m completely clueless and it’s already been done!)

Anyway, Eisa struck my interest. Any ideas how it’s pronounced? EYE-sah would be my assumption.

What are your thoughts on it?

[name]Hi[/name]! Like you, I’m thinking eye-sa, because I know of three families with last names beginning with the prefix “Eis,” and it’s pronounced as “eyes.” I actually know an [name]Isa[/name] (eye-sa)…

Oh! There was a blog with ballerina names that you may like: https://nameberry.com/blog/category/ballerina-names/

Later tater…

[name]Hi[/name]! Like you, I’m thinking eye-sa, because I know of three families with last names beginning with the prefix “Eis,” and it’s pronounced as “eyes.” I actually know an [name]Isa[/name] (eye-sa)…

Oh! There was a blog with ballerina names that you may like: https://nameberry.com/blog/category/ballerina-names/

Later tater…[/quote]

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]!
P.S. I’m starting the soup soon! Woo hoo! :slight_smile:

I saw the headline and immediately thought ‘I feel I should know something about this name’. So I looked into my Norwegian name sources and found nothing, but when I looked into Norse mythology I found what I was looking for!
At first I thought I’d confused it with Disa which is an old Norse name meaning ‘goddess’ but I found Eisa as well!

Eisa was the daughter of [name]King[/name] Logi who was either a personification of fire or the handsomest, largest and strongest man because he was descended from giants (which was a good thing).
Her name means ‘glowing embers’ and she and her sister Eimyrja were considered the fairest women in the land :slight_smile:

I think that plus the dance connection makes Eisa the coolest name I’ve come across in a [name]LONG[/name] time!!!
She goes on my list, now!

[name]Edit[/name]: And if I remember correctly, you have some Scandinavian heritage which just makes it even better, right?