"El" names

So DH loves the nickname [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Elly[/name], but we would want to have a more formal first name on a birth certificate. We both love [name]Eleanor[/name], and lately I’ve been loving the name [name]Ellen[/name] - even though to some it sounds a little dated and it is pretty common. So can you think of any other beautiful, unique names that we could get the nickname [name]Elly[/name] from?

[name]Ellie[/name] is such a cute name! I like [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] the best to get the nn [name]Ellie[/name]. [name]Ellen[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Estelle[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] are the only others I could think of off the top of my head. I really love the name [name]Eliza[/name], and always wondered if the nn [name]Ellie[/name] would be too much of a stretch? Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Elaina[/name]
[name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Elisabeth[/name]
Elowyn
[name]Elodie[/name]

[name]One[/name] of my favorite names is [name]Elle[/name]! You could also go for [name]Ella[/name], also very cute!

I just want to add [name]Elena[/name], [name]Electra[/name]/[name]Elettra[/name], [name]Elle[/name], and [name]Elspeth[/name].

[name]Eleanor[/name] is honestly my favorite way to get to [name]Ellie[/name]. :slight_smile: I love it!

Other ideas:

[name]Eleni[/name] (or [name]Elena[/name])
[name]Elise[/name]/[name]Elisabeth[/name]/[name]Eliza[/name]/[name]Elisa[/name] (recently met an [name]Elisa[/name]–I absolutely love how it looks written down, but I don’t necessarily love its pronunciation, eh-[name]LEE[/name]-sah)
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Arabella[/name]/etc.
[name]Stella[/name]/[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Elina[/name] (or anything with “el” in it, like [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Angelina[/name], etc.)
[name]Elodie[/name]
Elowen
[name]Eliora[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
Eliava (a Hebrew name, I think? I always thought it was pretty cool)
[name]Elnora[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name]/[name]Eleonora[/name]

Or using the initials [name]LE[/name], maybe? Like [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Eve[/name], [name]Laura[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Lisette[/name] [name]Esme[/name], etc.

Good luck!

Perhaps [name]Vendela[/name]? Prn. [name]VEN[/name]-dela.

[name]Elly[/name] is great as a name by itself [name]IMO[/name]. My favourite [name]EL[/name] names are [name]Ella[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name] and Elliette.

[name]Kelly[/name], elliott (yes it’s going to the girls), [name]Michelle[/name] (elle/elly), [name]Coralie[/name] (more alie),

Elowen is my favorite way to get to [name]Ellie[/name].

I have [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] on my list {although I wouldn’t use both}. Also [name]Elise[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Elissa[/name], [name]Elora[/name]…

[name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] are my favorite [name]El[/name] names. [name]Both[/name] were on my short list for a girl.

It doesn’t have to start with “[name]El[/name]” does it? What if it ended it with “elle”? Like [name]Isobelle[/name] with the nn [name]Ellie[/name]? Or [name]Gabrielle[/name] with the nn [name]Ellie[/name]?

Other than that, I’d say [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Elena[/name], and [name]Elaine[/name].

I don’t think anyone has mentioned [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Helen[/name]? Or, more exotic, [name]Elysia[/name]?

My favorite “el” name is probably [name]Elodie[/name], though [name]Eleanor[/name] is also beautiful.

[name]Elena[/name] is my favorite. I think [name]Ellen[/name] is pretty cute too…not that common on kids today but familar

My newest “name crush” is [name]Elodie[/name]. If you want a simple, cute, and modern name, [name]Brielle[/name] is an option. I like the ones that others have suggested too.

My daughter is [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Eliana[/name]. I’ve met two [name]Ellie[/name]'s named only [name]Ellie[/name], with no formal/longer version. I also know (or know of) [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Elly[/name]'s with the longer names of [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], and of course [name]Eleanor[/name].

Good luck!

I really like Ellaria, which is a name from the Game of Thrones books.

It has [name]Elle[/name] and [name]Aria[/name], which is also a pretty name. It’s not listed on this site (or any other naming sites really), but if it’s a combination of [name]Elle[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] I guess that could make the meaning “feminine melody” :slight_smile: