el or em? opinions!!

which do u prefer?
elisabeth: nn- elisa/elyssa, ellie, elle
emily:nn- emma, emme

i like emilia but hubby just hears earhart lol.

thanks.

:frowning: I can make the distinction in pronunciation between [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name].

Like the names - though the shorter ones not as nicknames but as full names. My taste runs more to the em-side, but even the el-s are too ordinary for me.

I love the name [name]Elizabeth[/name], classic, feminine and soooo many nn choices :slight_smile:

[name]Elisabeth[/name]–I like this name, especially with the “s” in the middle.
[name]Emily[/name]–I like this name also, since it is my daughter’s name! [name]Both[/name] names are classic and feminine.

(You could name her [name]Emily[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name].)

[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounded so familiar and then I realized - its [name]Clifford[/name] the Dog’s owner!

More relevant to the conversation: I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] for its numerous nicknames

i love the idea of [name]Emily[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. Beautiful. I also think I like [name]Emily[/name] just a bit more than [name]Elizabeth[/name], and I love the nickname of [name]Emme[/name]. But [name]Elisabeth[/name] is beaitful (and I definitely like the s better than the z). Good choices!