elaine and faye as one name?

Would like to put my mother in laws and mothers name into one for a middle. Not sure how this would work or if at all. Something like faileen? Any suggestions or other ideas on how to honour both? Thanks all

Faileen wouldn’t exactly be my pick… what about [name]Flavia[/name]? Or Favia? I was think [name]Fa[/name] as in [name]Faye[/name] , and F for [name]Flavia[/name], and [name]Elaine[/name] & [name]Flavia[/name] are similar to me… :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I think Faileen, Faelaine, etc sounds too much like feline, what about [name]Elaine[/name] [name]Faye[/name]? or [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Faye[/name] for better flow?

While it does sound like feline, that’s not the worst thing and we are talking about the middle spot.

I would just avoid a spelling that includes the letter sequence “fail”. And putting the stress on the second syllable, like [name]Faline[/name], and like [name]Elaine[/name], keeps it from sounding too much like “failing.”

I also think [name]Elaine[/name]-[name]Faye[/name] is fine, complicated but fine. Similarly for [name]Elaine[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Faye[/name]-[name]Elaine[/name], [name]Faye[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]. You could chain them together Fayelaine. It’s not the easiest on the eyes but it has good meaning and is in the middle.

Flaine for a one syllable?

[name]Faina[/name]? It’s hard to combine them. I think using a double middle name is a good idea. I think [name]Faye[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] as a double middle name is fine depending on what first name you want. I think you could use similar names too, like [name]Ella[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Faith[/name], [name]Ella[/name] [name]Faith[/name].

Elf - too out there?

Using jumbled letters from both:
[name]Finley[/name]
Faena
[name]Aliya[/name]
[name]Leaf[/name]
Feline???

Personally I’m not a fan of smush names or combining family names to honor two people in one. Its nms.
Why not have two middle names (I assume you don’t want to use either as a frist).
[name]Faye[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] as lis09 suggested sounds nice as either a fn/mn or simply two mns.
Also are planning on having only one child? [name]Do[/name] you need to honor both in the same name? If no I’d go with [name]Elaine[/name] and hold onto [name]Faye[/name] - mostly because it reminds me of [name]Fae[/name] and then the word/concept of [name]Fae[/name]-kin or Faekin or even Fayekin could work for a boy. (The last looks odd spelled but that kind of homage I’m okay with like [name]Johnson[/name] if your naming your son after his (grand)father [name]John[/name]).

Fayelle, [name]Effie[/name], Lafay (As in [name]Morgan[/name] la fay? aka [name]Morgana[/name])

[name]How[/name] about [name]Faline[/name] (as in, the name of the doe that [name]Bambi[/name] falls in love with). I’ve always thought that name had a pretty sound! It would be pronounced a little differently than [name]Fay[/name], but I think it still honors.

I think I’d just use both! Then you’re really honouring these 2 important people in your life, instead of just inventing a new name. Alternatively, maybe their middle names are more conducive to a smoosh.

[name]Faine[/name] is a name and means joyful.

I like the suggestions of Fayelle, [name]Faine[/name], and [name]Effie[/name].

I just thought of [name]Falon[/name]… a really pretty name, and to me it kind of combines [name]Faye[/name] & [name]Elaine[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Faine[/name] is by far the best option if you have your heart set on a smoosh. Faileen sounds exactly like failing. Not what I would name my daughter.

Combining all the different letters, I think the best option is [name]FINLEY[/name], but here are some more:

[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Elayna[/name]
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Elfie[/name]
[name]Flyn[/name]
Fyn
[name]Fenel[/name]
[name]Yale[/name]
[name]Leaf[/name]
[name]Nyla[/name]
[name]Nyle[/name]
[name]Enya[/name]
[name]Felina[/name]
Naylee
[name]Lainey[/name]

Other unusual options:
Flan
Ainley
Elaya
Ealey
[name]Enaya[/name]
Elf
Flay
[name]Falan[/name]
Felana
Fanee
Fayela
Fyla
Fenya
Flaina
Ifany
Lanya
Neley
Nayal
Nyal
Nefla
Yeana

I knew a girl named [name]Fayne[/name] growing up. That may work for you.

I knew this name reminded me of someone and it was [name]Faline[/name]!

Faileen has the word fail in it. [name]Faline[/name] is very close to feline. [name]Fallon[/name] and [name]Finley[/name] are good alternatives, as mentioned above. Or, just spell Faileen a different way, if you’re set on that name. Fayleen doesn’t have fail in it :slight_smile:

In your situation, I would either use [name]Faye[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] as a middle name or [name]Faine[/name].

[name]Faine[/name] is a nice name, with a great meaning and in this case it perfectly combines [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Elaine[/name].