Elaine?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], Berries!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] was wondering… What do you all think of [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]? I’ve been kind of drawn to it lately. Does it feel more medieval, more classic, or more Seinfeld to you? I can’t tell. I really like it as a way to get the nn “[name_f]Lainey[/name_f]”, which is just so adorable, imo.

Hit me with all the thoughts – the good, the bad, the ugly, whatever! :wink:

I like it! It’s just too common for my taste, but it’s still really pretty.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Lainey[/name_f]’! It’s always been my favorite way to get to [name_f]Lainey[/name_f], and it’s such a pretty name. Sometimes I worry it’s a bit dated, but I think [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] freshens it and [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] makes a good name for an adult if she feels [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is too childish for the workplace. I like it!

2 Likes

I like it! [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is about as precious as a nn as they come, really. [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] does feel stately and Medieval to me. I think it’s ready for a comeback! I also love [name_f]Elena[/name_f].

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] 9 yo sister is [name_f]La1n3y[/name_f] (honoring our grandmother’s middle name [name_f]Elaine[/name_f])! She’s a character-full, expressive kid and it suits her so well, but she is preferring L@in (our nn for her) at the moment because it’s more “grown-up.” I agree with @EagleEyes, [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] might be a little

I think It’s a classic with class!

2 Likes

I’m reading a book with an [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] NN [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] and it’s growing on me -it has the sweetness of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] but there’s also something quite distinctive about it

1 Like

[name_f]Elaine[/name_f] makes me think of a statuesque, regal beauty who’s wise and kind. Maybe that’s the medieval feel of the name coming through, but I’m not sure! [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] definitely makes it more playful and sweet, even though it’s not my personal taste. I think [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is a great option though, and I would love to meet one!

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] is a beautiful name and [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is a cute nickname!

2 Likes

@Strawberry.Bunny
Is it common? I honestly don’t know any! I know several Elenas, though. Maybe it’s regional?

Thanks for all the responses so far! I am pleased to see that [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]/[name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is generally well-received. :slight_smile:

I think of Seinfeld :slight_smile: it’s hard for me to imagine a child named [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]. But I LOVE [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] is great! I don’t think it’s very common, especially nowadays.

1 Like

I think of Seinfeld, but I think it’s super cute!

1 Like

[name_f]Lainey[/name_f] in various spellings isn’t super unusual here in Australia

I like it I think if you’re leaning more towards medievel you go for [name_f]Alaine[/name_f] or something but either way the name is sweet.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] (and [name_f]Elaina[/name_f]). [name_u]Love[/name_u] the sound, lo e the meaning. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] from Seinfeld too. But S.O. has vetoed :frowning:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]! It was one of the names my dad suggested for me, actually, and while I like the name I ended up with it’s one of the “other options” I would have been happiest to wear. I think it’s had enough of a historic pattern of use that it feels classic rather than dated, and it has a nice medieval/Arthurian vibe. [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is cute too!

1 Like