Eleanor, Elinor…

i’m starting to really love this name but i really don’t know which spelling is my favourite! i think it’s between Eleanor / Elinor!

so out of all the spelling variations for Eleanor etc what’s your favourite?

Eleanor
Eleanore
Elinor
Elenor

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is my personal preference but I do like the streamlined look of [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] as well. I’m not very keen on the other variations.

2 Likes

I also struggle with this - I love both [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f]! I’m no help because I can’t pick but I just thought I’d share my similar feelings about it.

It’s a tie between [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] for me too.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is definitely the traditional spelling so that is what is what I prefer. To me, [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] just seems more made up and trendy (sort of like [name_m]Jaxxon[/name_m] - but not that bad).

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is my favourite. It looks elegant, strong and pretty

my favore is elinor (mostly for the jane austen reference) but as an Italian I also like the italian spelling eleonora

[name_f]Elanor[/name_f]

1 Like

Instinctively I spell it [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] has been growing on me recently, with it being classically lovely! :heartpulse:

I love both [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], however, nowadays I prefer the look of [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] (also because it feels more natural in other languages) :two_hearts:

This is one of the names that I like a few different spellings for! I like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Elanor[/name_f], and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] fairly well. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] would be my favorite because it’s the most established, but I would be happy to see [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] or [name_f]Elinor[/name_f]!

I’m not really familiar with [name_f]Elenor[/name_f] (I only know [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] from books). I also don’t pronounce the [name_f]Eleanore[/name_f] spelling the same way, so I’m not including it in my thoughts.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_f]Elanor[/name_f], but I also love both [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Elinor[/name_f]! Those are the only three I care for, though.

1 Like

[name_f]Elinor[/name_f] is my favourite. Streamlined and sophisticated, IMO.

[name_f]Elinor[/name_f] is my favorite! I also like [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]

[name_f]Elinor[/name_f]! I started liking the name in general when I read Sense and Sensibility with this spelling. I have read it is the Welsh spelling, so not actually a made up one. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] just looks like it has too many vowels to me somehow, and also the [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m] association is so strong I just think of her.

1 Like

elinor is so so beautiful!

my favorite is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]! both [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] are beautiful, though