Eleanor nn... Lola?

Is this crazy? [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a huge favorite and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] Lærke [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is high up on my list. I do like [name_f]Ella[/name_f], and have been toying with [name_f]Lena[/name_f] as a more unexpected nn, but for a while now I’ve been doubting [name_f]Lena[/name_f] for a daughter of mine (still love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lena[/name_f] in theory, but maybe not for my kiddo?).

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f] occurred to me earlier today—is this crazy?! All the sounds are there, although pretty jumbled up. Does it work, or is it a bit of a walk through crazy town?

Thanks berries!

ETA: Or is Lovella nn Lola a better option?

1 Like

I definitely prefer [name_f]Lola[/name_f] as a nn than [name_f]Lola[/name_f]

I think it works

1 Like

It’s a stretch but usable.

1 Like

Its not really intuitive, but it does work. I can see how [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] could become [name_f]Lola[/name_f]

2 Likes

It’s a pretty big stretch. I think the kid would have to explained the name a lot.

1 Like

I mean… isn’t [name_f]Lola[/name_f] normally a nickname for [name_f]Dolores[/name_f]? That seems like just as much a stretch. To me, [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is one of those fun made-up nicknames that can work for many different names (I think [name_u]Cricket[/name_u] works for any C name, and [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] works for a million things, etc).

All to say, yes, I think it works. But I prefer [name_f]Lena[/name_f] lol!

1 Like

Lola is a bit of a stetch but i dont think it’s completely outlandish or impossible

1 Like

I don’t see it. Like others have said, it’s not outlandish but it seems like you wanted [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f], couldn’t make one choice and decided to have both. It’s not my favorite naming practice, to make two names exist on the same spot, like the Schrödinger’s cat of names but this is 100% just my preference.

As I am not a fan of [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]’s beauty and power are a little tonned down by the nn.

3 Likes

I, as a big [name_f]Lola[/name_f] fan, think it works. It depends how much you want her to go by each name. If you wanted her to sometimes go by [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and sometimes go by a nickname, I think it would be kind of hard to deal with unlike, say, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. If she were to mainly go by [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and only use [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] in a prefessional setting, there would be nothing to explain.

1 Like

I like it! I’ve never thought of it before, but it makes sense to me. You’ve got ELeanOr. It doesn’t make more or less sense to me than [name_f]Lena[/name_f], & I think that [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is more fun & spunky. But I do only like it as a nn. I like it for [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], but [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (or [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]) is a very interesting idea. Plus , I just adore [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] is my favorite nn.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! I’m glad it makes sense to a great many of you, though not all. I’m not sure [name_f]Lola[/name_f] would be something I’d enforce others using, but if she liked [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and wanted others to call her that, I wouldn’t be upset lol. I do love [name_f]Ella[/name_f], as I said, and might see if I could use [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f], or maybe [name_f]Lola[/name_f]’s just mama’s special nickname.

I’d honestly given up on the idea of [name_f]Lola[/name_f]–I do love [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f], but couldn’t ever find a combo where I felt like I’d use it myself, and nothing else really clicked, and I didn’t want to use [name_f]Lola[/name_f] as a standalone. And I’ve considered [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] but never found a combo that made [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] feel like my daughter, either. So I just assumed if [name_f]Lola[/name_f] was meant to happen, eventually it would, but I wasn’t going to try to force [name_f]Lola[/name_f] onto my list. I just happened to come across [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] today, and noticed it had all the right sounds, if not in the right order.

For those who like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f] (or those who don’t!), is [name_f]Lovella[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f] better? I’m in the midst of doing a bit of a list revamp and have been toying with this, too…

Thanks, love. Sorry, not a huge fan of [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. If I skipped over [name_f]Lola[/name_f], it would be in favor of [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Lena[/name_f].

Lol, fair enough! I’m in the US, so it is with a firmer OR ending. :heart:

Thanks, love! I definitely don’t think it’s hugely intuitive but I’m glad it makes sense to most berries? I’m really considering having [name_f]Lola[/name_f] be my [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn. :heart:

I’ve actually met someone named [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Lola[/name_f], so I think it’s definitely useable!

1 Like

No way! That’s awesome, and totally makes it feel more usable now. :heart: Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I can see [name_f]Lola[/name_f] from [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] and I can kinda see it from [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] but it wouldn’t be my immediate choice as a NN from [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

1 Like

I think it works!

1 Like

I know someone named [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], and people call her [name_f]Lolo[/name_f]. So no, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch.

1 Like

This is a pretty big stretch for me. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] comes off as its own name to me.

1 Like