Eleanor vs Ava

I’m torn between these names for my MC.

My MC has blonde, medium length hair in a ponytail, she’s regular height and thin. She likes being prepared, and things going according to plan, and often puts herself down because she feels she isn’t good enough.

If there’s any more names you think would really fit that would be great.

I really like both [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f]! I think it depends on how old she is and when the story is set- [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is very timeless, meanwhile I picture an [name_f]Ava[/name_f] to be between 0-18 years old.

2 Likes

Eleanor feels more like a “likes to be prepared, and things go according to plan” person to me than [name_f]Ava[/name_f] does. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is more of a “cheerleader” name imo, whereas [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] feels more strait laced.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] in general, but [name_f]Ava[/name_f] works too. Maybe [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_f]Ella[/name_f] as a compromise?

1 Like

Probably [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. Also depends on whether she is introvert or extrovert, [name_f]Ava[/name_f] sounds more extrovert-y and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is more introvert-y.

2 Likes

I feel [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] fits better because [name_f]Ava[/name_f] to me is very outgoing, sometimes to the point of obnoxiousness and very go-with-the flow and sprightly. But that’s just my opinion!

I think [name_f]Hope[/name_f] might fit her, and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. :wink:

1 Like

This character SCREAMS [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] to me

1 Like

I vote for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

1 Like

she sounds exactly like my friend who’s name is [name_f]Ava[/name_f] :joy:

1 Like

I vote for [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] seems more unusual for a character of that personality, and I would like to see a quiet non perky cheerleader character named [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is also a really nice choice, though.