Eleanor vs Josephine

Which one?
  • Eleanor
  • Josephine

0 voters

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I just really love them both. But I give the slight nod to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], because the nns are better. Well, in my opinion. I don’t personally care for Jo/Joey/Josie that much. I love [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] & [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] though as nns for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]! [name_m]Classic[/name_m] and strong and literary, but totally down-to-earth and approachable. I also just find it fun to say and lovely to hear! Plus I love the nickname options–Nell is my favorite, but there are so many (Ella, [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Lea[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Leni[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_u]Nori[/name_u], etc.). I want to love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], but I just never quite have.

1 Like

I love the elegance of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]!

1 Like

I prefer the nicknames for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but I prefer [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] as far as full names go.

1 Like

Tough decision but my love for [name_f]Nora[/name_f] edges out my love for [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. Can’t go wrong with either!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter has two Eleanor’s in her class as well as two on her soccer team. There are also an additional 3 in our cul de sac/street. It’s very popular where we live so while I used to like it a lot it has really lost its luster for me. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] still has the luster for me big time and I love [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_f]Posey[/name_f]! I know popularity differs considerably though based on where you live and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] may not be as common other places :slight_smile:

1 Like