Eleanor??

I love love love the name [name]Eleanor[/name]. [name]Every[/name] time I see it, it feels like my baby’s name, do you know what I mean? The only problem - my last name sounds like Waggoner. We pronounce it with 3 syllables, although a lot of people pronounce it like Wag-ner.

Is [name]Eleanor[/name] terrible with this last name?

[name]Eleanor[/name] certainly isn’t the best fit with Waggoner - it’s rather matchy and rhymes. There are few related names that you may want to consider - [name]Eleanora[/name] is much less repetitive, and [name]Leonor/name (lee-oh-nor) has a slightly different end sound in my accent than [name]Eleanor[/name] (longer nor sound) which doesn’t sound as bad. You could also use [name]Elina[/name] - the -ee-na ending isn’t as repetitive as the ah-nor ending.

I love the name [name]Eleanor[/name] and my mother-in-law’s middle name is [name]Eleanor[/name]. It means light, so it has a lovely meaning. Yes, I agree that [name]Eleanor[/name] doesn’t sound too great with your last name, but you could call her [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Heloise[/name]. I agree that [name]Leonora[/name] is especially lovely, too. You could call her [name]Lena[/name] or [name]Nora[/name] for short. I think [name]Eloise[/name]/[name]Heloise[/name] might have a different meaning than [name]Eleanor[/name] if it matters.

You could call her [name]Ellie[/name] for short to solve the problem. With the middle name between them, it should flow better too. If you don’t have a second favorite, I say try and keep it…its a nice name and not too common…a shame to have to let it go due to your last name.

What middle names do you like with it?

Isn’t that a bummer? I think that [name]Eleanor[/name] is due for a comeback, but it just doesn’t go very well with your last name. One of my faves is [name]Jane[/name] (it’s so nice and simple) but [name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name]? Not nice to the little one. [name]How[/name] about [name]Ella[/name] or [name]Nora[/name] for some of the same feel? And whenever I think of [name]Eleanor[/name] I think of [name]Evelyn[/name], kind of the same vibe . . . .

gosh, it’s such a shame when your favorites don’t go with your last name! mine ends in -er, so that ruled out a TON of names! I’d hate to say not to use it, but the only suggestion I have is [name]Eleanora[/name]. It’s almost exactly the same, but kind of fixes the problem.

[name]Eleanora[/name]-great idea! You could call her [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Nora[/name] or [name]Ella[/name] or [name]Lana[/name] or I think even [name]Lena[/name] for short, why not?

[name]How[/name] about changing it a bit to [name]Eleanora[/name] Waggoner? That fits much better and you still have the option of all those cute nicknames … [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Lena[/name] and [name]Nora[/name].