Elena or Elaina?

I don’t like jumping from [name]Elena[/name] to [name]Laney[/name]. Does [name]Elaina[/name] to [name]Lainey[/name] look okay? Her sister will be [name]Alexandra[/name] nn [name]Lexie[/name].

It does make more sense and the spelling [name]Elaina[/name] will safeguard against mispronuncations as she grows up.

You’ve eliminated pronunciation issues with the middle vowel, but created them with the first. While I’d say [name]Elena[/name] with a short E beginning, I’d say [name]Elaina[/name] like [name]Elaine[/name] with an A added. And I say [name]Elaine[/name] the way the majority of people I know do, with a long E like [name]Elizabeth[/name], not a short E like [name]Elena[/name]. (I assume you’re looking for [name]Elaina[/name] to be said the same as [name]Elena[/name].)

Ohh, thank you! See I say them both as Ee-[name]LAY[/name]-nah. I am trying to make it a variant of [name]Elaine[/name].

I went with [name]Elena[/name] [name]Rue[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marielle[/name].

[name]Elena[/name] [name]Rue[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] and gorgeous!

Thank you [name]Olivia[/name]!

What a beutiful classic pair, and Ilove the quirkier middles, they go great with your son’s names as well. What a great sibset!

Best wishes to you and your family.

You’re very welcome! I agree [name]Rue[/name] and [name]Marielle[/name] are lovely with such pretty classic names.

[name]Elaina[/name] very cute and younger-sounding. [name]Will[/name] grow with her.

[name]Elena[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name] make a great pair! I’d definitely spell it [name]Elena[/name], though. [name]Elena[/name] (this spelling) is a form of [name]Helen[/name], like [name]Elaine[/name], and one of the most classic names in Italian and Spanish-speaking cultures, sort of like the English [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Spelling it [name]Elaina[/name] looks a bit illiterate to me, especially next to the timeless [name]Alexandra[/name]. I think you can still spell it [name]Lainey[/name] or [name]Laney[/name] with [name]Elena[/name], or even [name]Leni[/name], like [name]Heidi[/name] Klum’s daughter. Plus it’s a nickname, so it likely won’t be written down much anyways.

Definitely [name]Elena[/name], [name]Elaina[/name] (though I know is recognised) looks misspelled and trendy to me.
I vastly prefer [name]Elena[/name]!

We went with [name]Elena[/name] nn [name]Laney[/name].