Elena vs. Seraphina

So my working top five for daughters are in my signature: [name]Alessandra[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Katerina[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Elena[/name].

But I’ve recently fallen a lot for [name]Seraphina[/name], especially with SO’s surname. So I’m thinking of switching out [name]Elena[/name] for [name]Seraphina[/name], but I’m not sure.

Thoughts? Or would you switch out a different name for [name]Seraphina[/name]? Or perhaps I should pair [name]Seraphina[/name] up with [name]Elena[/name]? [name]Elena[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name].

I’d love your input. :slight_smile:

I would switch out [name]Olivia[/name] because the others feel more unusual / romantic - [name]Olivia[/name] just feels popular at the moment, even though I love it.

[name]Alessandra[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Katerina[/name], [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Seraphina[/name] feels perfect to me.

I like [name]Elena[/name] better with your boyfriend’s LN, actually. It just sounds better to me, but maybe it’s just my assumption of how it’s pronounced, [name]Seraphina[/name] might sound better in actuality. I think [name]Elena[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] is lovely–I’m not sure I like it more than [name]Elena[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name], but it’s very close! Have you ruled out [name]Seraphina[/name] for you, then? I’m not sure if I like it better for you or for a daughter for you… :slight_smile:

I love both [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Seraphina[/name] but I feel [name]Seraphina[/name] works better with your other names.

[name]Elena[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] is a bit much with the similar endings -[name]Elena[/name] [name]Seraphine[/name] perhaps?

I like [name]Elena[/name] with his surname too. It’s very fitting. I think you probably pronounce it right. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m going to add it to my list. :stuck_out_tongue:
Yeah, [name]Seraphina[/name]'s just way too much name for me.

I love [name]Elena[/name], which I consider more elegant. [name]Seraphina[/name] definitely contains some pretty sounds, but it’s a little too much for me… like sugar-coated syrup.

[name]How[/name] do you pn [name]Elena[/name]? It is like Eh-leh-nah or [name]Elaine[/name]? I like it without ai sound, it seemed more net, more pure, more romanic… ai sound is ok only in [name]Layla[/name]. And that’s it.

[name]Elena[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] is beautiful name, but my opinion is that it’s better when pn Eh-leh-nah seh-rah-phee-nah.

I have the related Serefina on my top 50 list - so clearly I like the name but I also think there is no harm in just adding it to your list.
Why replace anything, when its currently hypothetical and you can just add? Who knows how you’ll feel about either name next year. (though this philosophy is probably why I have top 50 lists instead of useable top 5’s.)

I say it both ways really. It depends on my mood. I always thought it was Eh-leh-nah, until I heard it on TVD say “Eh-lay-na”.

Thanks!

I would rule out [name]Olivia[/name] instead of [name]Elena[/name]. You just can’t get rid of it, it’s such a gorgeous name, one of my all time favourites. [name]Seraphina[/name] is also a beautiful name, another favourite of mine so this one is a toughie. To keep both name’s I’d go with [name]Elena[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]. It’s a great name that sounds romantic and feminine. I would pronounce [name]Elena[/name] el-lay-na although I recently heard a little girl called [name]Elena[/name] who pronouced it el-leh-nah which I dislike compared to [name]Elena[/name] although I really love [name]Elinor[/name]. [name]Elena[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] is the best choice to go with seeing as you get to use two names you love without losing any of them. :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Elena[/name]. I’m not a fan of [name]Seraphina[/name], honestly. I think your list is great the way it is, but if you were going to switch something out for [name]Seraphina[/name], I’d say switch out either [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Alessandra[/name]. Leave [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Katerina[/name], and [name]Elena[/name], in my opinion.