Eleni or Carmella?

Hello!

I’m hoping to get some honest opinions about girls names. We wanted to use my late Italian grandmother’s name, [name_f]Carmella[/name_f], to honor her and I think it’s a lovely and classic name anyway with great potential for cute nicknames ([name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Carmie[/name_f], [name_f]Mellie[/name_f]), but have recently fallen in love with the name “[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]” (pronounced uh-LEN-ee) as well.

We love [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but would it be a mouthful or a poorly flowing name to use both names with [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] as the middle name? The last name is two syllables, starts with “B,” and ends in “s.” If we decided on [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], I like how [name_f]Grace[/name_f] sounds as the middle name so much more, but I want to honor my grandmother and love the idea of incorporating her name somehow. Would a 3-1-2 syllable rhythm sound better than a 3-3-2 rhythm?

[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

Thanks so much for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] sounds perfectly fine! I quite like it, actually. And it’s a beautiful way to honor your grandmother and still use the new name you love. I say go for it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] or maybe [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] :slight_smile: Meaning is more important than flow to me and I don’t think you’d regret using your grandma’s name.

1 Like

Eleni [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] sounds fantastic!!

1 Like

Eleni [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is beautiful! I love the meaning behind it!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] works very well and combines both names that are special to you. I also think [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is a lovely name that would be great as a FN too if you decide to go that route.

1 Like

Both are beautiful names! Personally I love [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] sounds very nice. [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] doesn’t sound very good in my opinion. If you want to incorporate your grandmother’s name [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] sounds better than the other way around

Eleni “[name_f]Leni[/name_f]” [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] would be so sweet

Another vote for [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f].

I think the nickname [name_f]Mellie[/name_f] is so so lovable.

Eleni [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is beautiful

I love [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] or [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], I think they sound so special, really beautiful names.

In my opinion [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] sounds great and it’s nice to honor your grandmother.

I think [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is just beautiful and so sweet. I am not a huge fan of a 3-3-2 syllable name, but if you really love [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], then go for it. If you are still having second thoughts on it and your original name was [name_f]Carmella[/name_f], stick with it. Whatever you decide will be perfect.

I love [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]!!
What about [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]?

I LOVE [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], so I would vote for it every time! I think [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is beautiful, but [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is meaningful, which means more to me.

I know two middles isn’t for everyone, but how do you feel about [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]? That way you still get your sweet [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but still honor your family?

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]! [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] just makes me think of caramel (not a bad association though!) I love [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] as a combo!

1 Like

Oh I love [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]!

I think [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] works fine.

I actually adore [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]! It’s so sweet!

I loved [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] was my grandmothers name (Greek). It’s such a gorgeous name. I think if I had a girl, I would definitely use that. [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is lovely too and a great way to honour your grandmother.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone, for your opinions and insights! Keep them coming. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like