Elias Fraser or Elias Frederick [poll]

Aw I agree, [name_u]Elias[/name_u] sounds great with your boys’ names. :blush: [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] is a great combo. The more I say it the more I like it. :grin:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]. It has a lovely rythmn about it. I don’t like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] as a name at all. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t give a reason, I just don’t.

1 Like

Elias [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]! I love the flow. It also has a softer sound than [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

1 Like

I was literally just coming on to say this when you mentioned the [name_m]Rick[/name_m] and random e. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]… but I agree to consider alternate spellings possibly. [name_m]Frederic[/name_m] jumped out at me as my preference. Although with your last name I could see the appeal to [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] as well. Either way Inthink it all goes!

1 Like

Thankyou :full_moon_with_face: I do really like [name_m]Fredrick[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederic[/name_m] but I think my family would be a bit like huh? Especially as my sister and I kind of like alternative spellings. For instance her son is [name_m]Issac[/name_m] and not [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] but I prefer the [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] lol.

My Gramp’s middle name is [name_m]Fredric[/name_m], which as far as I am aware is a legitimate spelling, would this help you to consider [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]?
I do love [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] as an option (in fact it had previously been on my list). However I would also say go with your heart, which sounds like it is leaning towards [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]!

1 Like

Fredrik or [name_m]Fredric[/name_m] to me looks more streamline. I don’t really know how to explain it. I think [name_u]Elias[/name_u] is quite a hard name to pair actually. [name_u]Elias[/name_u] has a very regal sound and vowel heavy so the middle name has to be quite straightforward I feel? [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is a family name on my partner’s side. He was my partner’s grandma’s father. [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] doesn’t honour anyone but it is honouring the Scottish roots/ancestry on my partner’s father’s side. So it’s basically we either go with honouring the maternal side or honouring the parental ancestry. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner likes both [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] so has left me with the choice.

We have two boys already and my firstborns middle name is [name_u]George[/name_u] after my mum who is a [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] and my youngest middle name is [name_u]Theo[/name_u] which my sister picked and we all liked.

Although I think [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Fredrik[/name_m] (or [name_m]Fredric[/name_m]) flows slightly better to me as the s in [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] slightly run together (in my accent anyway). I think both names work as a middle with [name_u]Elias[/name_u].
I do know what you mean about [name_u]Elias[/name_u], it is very vowel heavy but also has a lot of different sounds. I do prefer a shorter 1-2 syllable middle with [name_u]Elias[/name_u].

Oh and just to throw another name out I think [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] works really well with [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and your surname and it also honours your SOs Scottish heritage.

Thank you. [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] is nice but it was the name of a street I grew up in, and the location of where I grew up doesn’t really hold special memories for me. In fact it’s a place I rarely visit now, ( the town it’s in) unless I have to.

That’s understandable about [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know which way you are leaning with [name_u]Elias[/name_u]’ middle?

1 Like

Still very much undecided but I do have a slight preference for [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]!
It’s going to be either one of 3.
[name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] ( [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] is the name of my partner’s grandfather) :slight_smile:
I think it will be a case of deciding on the day.